Flat in Stockholm

Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

biluinaim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flat in Stockholm

I'm moving to Stockholm this summer for about 8 months and I'm struggling to find a 1-bedroom flat in Stockholm. Ideally, I'd be as close to Ostermalm as possible - but further away is ok as long as it's accessible by subway. My budget is 3800-4000 SEK (all included) tops per month. Where can I look? I have tried

http://www.akademiskkvart.se/
www.andrahand.se
www.studentlya.nu
www.sokstudentbostad.se
www.hittadinbostad.se
www.myplejs.se
www.hittadinbostad.se
www.bostaddirekt.com

The only website I've been able to find stuff on was studentlya but the only reply so far seems to be a scam (they asked for my 'social security number' in a long and convoluted email that also ended up asking for a whole lot of personal info). But then again that might be legit - I don't know what they'd ask for in Sweden...

Can someone suggest further websites or something? Also, I'm assuming that stuff like that I described above isn't normal for flat-hunting in Sweden... or is it, and I just think it's a scam? My school will double check everything for me before I sign any contracts or pay any money, but you know - don't want it to be obvious and embarrassing

Thanks!