Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Scandinavia
Reload this Page >

Bringing a nanny to Denmark?

Bringing a nanny to Denmark?

Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:06 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Question Bringing a nanny to Denmark?

Unusual question I guess, as there is not even a Denmark sub-board, but does anyone have any advice on the following: we live in the Middle East and have a Phillipina nanny that the children are very attached to. Whilst it would not be soul destroying to lose her, bringing her to Denmark with us for hubby's potential new job would provide a lot of stability for our children.

Please don't flame me for having a nanny because I work as well, and my children are not old enough to be independent yet.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

AMBW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bringing a nanny to Denmark?

Hi
I would get an Au-pair visa for her, she would then be able to stay in denmark for 18 month maybe 24.
It would take around 60 days to 3 month to get the visa.

Anne
Old Feb 20th 2011, 3:58 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AMBW
Hi
I would get an Au-pair visa for her, she would then be able to stay in denmark for 18 month maybe 24.
It would take around 60 days to 3 month to get the visa.

Anne

An option I guess and we did look into the au-pair visa, but the longest time is 12+6 months according to the immigration website, and then she MUST return to the Philipines. I'd rather give her a more longer term prospect (eg if she came to the UK as staff, then after 4 years she could start to apply for PR in her own right), and keep things stable for the kids.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

I understand that , but with Denmark is can be very hard ... but you can try and get a work perm, dont know if they will let her...
I belive it will cost around 2000 kr to apply..
in the app you will have to state how many hours she work and the hourpay she get .. i think she has to get min 6000kr before tax.

Good luck.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Where in denmark are you going to be ?