Reload this Page >

Another Moving to Sweden question

Another Moving to Sweden question

Old Dec 23rd 2012, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Little_Sparrow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another Moving to Sweden question

Hi,
My first ever post (woo hoo!). My wife and I are moving to Sweden this Spring. She's Swedish and we got married in Sweden (a while back), so it'll be easier for me to get a personal number. I have just a few questions. 1. What's the best/cheapest way to get your things to Sweden (little bit of furniture, clothes etc). 2. Can I apply for residency before I get to Sweden? 3. Are there any important tasks I should do before leaving UK (let the UK government know, kiss the parents good bye ...). I'm sure I'll have a few more questions later, it's mainly getting our things to Sweden I'd like advice for.
Cheers guys,

L_S
Old Dec 24th 2012, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Moving to Sweden question

Make a note of Nat Ins Number and NHS number.(These are not the same.) Make sure you have originals or copies of birth certificate.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

NHS number... hum... now the hunt is on for that one, everything else I have.
Cheers scot47. Any idea's on how to get house hold things over to Sweden, without breaking the bank? Does anyone know how to go about sharing a container or similar.
Cheers

L_S
Old Dec 26th 2012, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

NHS number - easy way is tgo ask the receptionist at the GP wshere youb are registered. Lots of people know their National Insurance Number but I suppose less than 0.1% know their NHS number !
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Just get in touch with some international shipping companies, tell them how much you want to send, usually a rough estimate in meters cubed, and they'll find a container to share for you and a ship to stick it on. We never shipped any furniture and we paid around £1000++, door to door service. A former colleague of mine moved to sweden and I think he abandoned the plan to ship furniture. I also knew someone who just bought an old van and drove it to finnland. Options
Old Dec 27th 2012, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info guys. Might be cheaper to buy furniture over there. On another note, is it worth getting health insurance?

LS.
Old Dec 27th 2012, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Might be worth applying for a european health insurance card from the nhs.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...-the-ehic.aspx
Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:08 pm
edp
Forum Regular

edp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really niceedp is just really nice

There is a guy who posted on here a while back who does deliveries to and from the UK...have a look around the forum..
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Just another thought. We got married in Sweden but have lost our marriage certificate. Where do we get a copy certificate? We have asked the local tax office in the town we got married (skattemyndigheten), but they are not helpful as they say don't have a copy. Any ideas please.

LS
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Little_Sparrow
Just another thought. We got married in Sweden but have lost our marriage certificate. Where do we get a copy certificate? We have asked the local tax office in the town we got married (skattemyndigheten), but they are not helpful as they say don't have a copy. Any ideas please.

LS
Everything seems to go via skatteetaten here in Norway, is that skatteverket in Sweden?

http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/fo...c80004956.html

It's confusing with google translate, not sure if they only have info if it is related to communial debt. lol. Here they seem to carry all info on everyone...and people back home complain when they want to introduce an ID card.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Swindon_Sweden_Jimbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Another Moving to Sweden question

Hello!

How did it go with the pre registering for citizenship? I am moving over this summer and would like to get the ball rolling.

The website http://www.migrationsverket.se/ seems to be down every time I need to do anything!

Im in a similar situation to you -Apart from I am not married yet. This will happen on August 3rd (in Sweden)
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

OzTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Pre registering is difficult. I tried and was told to just go to Sketteverket when I arrive in Sweden and it would all be sorted out...yeah right! You will need your NHS card, passport, driving licence, and evidence that you have lived with your partner for a while (rental agreements/joint bills/card statements etc). This will help when using 'sambo' as a right for residence - I'm assuming your partner is Swedish?

As for shipping companies, we used Pearsons Home Moving. For a whole house load of furniture, bicycles, clothing etc it cost around £2000 + VAT. That was for a 2 week, door to door service from the north of England to central Sweden. The guys were really careful, helped reinforce some of the boxes that we hadn't done a very good job with, and everything turned up pretty much unscathed.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that. Yes my partner is Swedish (we've lived together since 2008)

What other methods can you use other than sambo out of interest?

Didn't realise it could be so hard moving between eu countries!
Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Annabel12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!
I'm moving to Sweden very soon.
What do I need NI and NHS numbers for??
Old Apr 21st 2013, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

I think it's to prove you aren't a freak with loads of diseases?

Or it could be that's the closest thing we have to a person number

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.