British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Zola signs new 4 year deal.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/zola-signs-new-4-year-deal-603093/)

BangleMan Apr 12th 2009 12:52 pm

Zola signs new 4 year deal..

Just said on Sky Sports News that Zola has signed a new four year contract and the club have doubled his wages to £1.5 million a year.

Good news if you are a Hammers fan...

Blue Cat Apr 12th 2009 1:35 pm

Re: Zola signs new 4 year deal..

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7473121)
Just said on Sky Sports News that Zola has signed a new four year contract and the club have doubled his wages to £1.5 million a year.

1.5 million? that is just obscene :(

bimcnorth Apr 12th 2009 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7473205)

Not if the players earn twice as much...

BangleMan Apr 12th 2009 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7473205)

that will be about what the entire Toon squad will be worth this time next season in the Championship.....lol

Blue Cat Apr 12th 2009 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7473732)
that will be about what the entire Toon squad will be worth this time next season in the Championship.....lol

:(:(:( where's Spugsy! :p

Inselaffen Apr 13th 2009 12:03 am

all it means is that you'll have to pay him twice as much compensation when you sack him next season when you are bottom of the league.

Spugsy Apr 13th 2009 5:50 am

to be fair the little hunchback is doing a great job,

that seems a lot of money mind you, managers get paid tons thesedays. Apparently Wise was paid £1.5m a year, if that's true then Ashley is an even bigger fool that I thought,

If that's possible.

Spugsy Apr 13th 2009 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7473829)
:(:(:( where's Spugsy! :p

Hiding. :(

pauldxb Apr 13th 2009 9:48 am

are you sure ?

BangleMan Apr 13th 2009 9:54 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7475368)
are you sure ?

Thats what I was told by my son yesterday and same has been reported on a few of the west ham fan sites.....

but hey, who knows with Sky these days...it was probably one of their infamous 'Sky sources' which usualy means its a pile of rubbish and made up just to fill in time on a quiet news day

pauldxb Apr 13th 2009 10:00 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7475380)
Thats what I was told by my son yesterday and same has been reported on a few of the west ham fan sites.....

but hey, who knows with Sky these days...it was probably one of their infamous 'Sky sources' which usualy means its a pile of rubbish and made up just to fill in time on a quiet news day

I just checked on the bbc footy gossip site & according to the " daily star " you are right......... BUT lets hope they are !