#youstink

Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:58 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: #youstink

Originally Posted by norsk
This is definitely a ticking time bomb. The question in my mind is whether we have had it coming for some time. After all if most of the world's wealth exists only for a relatively small number of people you cannot really expect the ones on the who are not part of that group to just accept this...
It's always been like that. What's changed is that people have access to information about it, and the mobility to try to change it. But surely the EU migrant crisis is more the result of insecurity and fear for life and limb rather than striving for better economic opportunities.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

For the Syrians, yes. But not for the other economic migrants, at least to the same degree.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
It's always been like that. What's changed is that people have access to information about it, and the mobility to try to change it. But surely the EU migrant crisis is more the result of insecurity and fear for life and limb rather than striving for better economic opportunities.
The other problem is why Europe? Why aren't the Syrians fleeing to the UAE? The Gulf is rich enough to absorb a million or so Syrians. But try suggesting that to the powers that be who rule the Gulf states.

There is a crisis in Syria and to a lesser extent Libya and elsewhere but it is not fair on Europe that the migrants are gung ho on Europe. If we are going to allow refugees they must be fairly distributed worldwide.

If anything, it's all the Americans' fault. They were the ones who started the war in Iraq that unleashed ISIS and destabilised Syria. So where are the Americans on this? Strangely silent and protected by their vast oceans (yet again!) leaving Europe to deal with their mess.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

If anything brings down the EU it may be the migrant crisis.

Originally Posted by norsk
This is definitely a ticking time bomb....
The papers were reporting there's now 8 million foreigners living in the UK out of a population of 64 million people, and those are the documented ones. I would not be surprised if this is the issue that drives Britain to leave the EU via unexpected voting results at the referendum, similar to how the elections earlier this year caught the political elite by surprise.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 8:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
it's met with apathy, sarcasm and Scamp's smilies rather than a discussion which I guess I'd thought it might.

I get it, I do, but I guess I'm tired of the jadedness.

It is what it is.
when the arabs stop the above and actually give a **** and do something then and maybe only then we the rest of us give a shit.

Ive been vested and living in this place for half my life now and unfortunately i give less of a **** everyday. im actuallu somewhat conflicted by that these days

Zayed and the leaders of his ilk will all be spinning in their graves as at one point they had a vision, an idea and some motivation. Now its everyman for himself and **** everybody else.

what to do yanni?
Old Aug 27th 2015, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If anything brings down the EU it may be the migrant crisis.

The papers were reporting there's now 8 million foreigners living in the UK out of a population of 64 million people, and those are the documented ones. I would not be surprised if this is the issue that drives Britain to leave the EU via unexpected voting results at the referendum, similar to how the elections earlier this year caught the political elite by surprise.

Would agree with your views regarding the likely result of the referendum.

However the reports in some newspapers are misleading. There are not 8 million foreigners but to be accurate '8 million foreign born', most are now British citizens.

The commonwealth immigrants who came after the last war to supply needed workers in factories, NHS etc are now in the 70s, 80s, 90s age group and will gradually depart!!! So that will balance things!!

Are there really 8 million foreigners in Britain? | Media | The Guardian
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Would agree with your views regarding the likely result of the referendum.

However the reports in some newspapers are misleading. There are not 8 million foreigners but to be accurate '8 million foreign born', most are now British citizens.

The commonwealth immigrants who came after the last war to supply needed workers in factories, NHS etc are now in the 70s, 80s, 90s age group and will gradually depart!!! So that will balance things!!

Are there really 8 million foreigners in Britain? | Media | The Guardian
Yes, that's a far more balanced view. Scaremongering abounds. But that's not to say that the current migrant situation is not a crisis, or that's it's not going to get worse. As others have said, the region itself needs to step up to the mark, but there's bugger-all chance of that happening. Tragic, but Europe can't accept a never-ending influx.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:42 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

This is all starting to become a huge big stinking pile of rolling down the slope shitball and the yanks are to blame for all of it!!!
What's a human life worth ffs!
Why do I do this to myself? Why do I turn the news on anyway bhenchod?!?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34082304
Old Aug 28th 2015, 12:29 pm