British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Your get out plan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/your-get-out-plan-737763/)

kittycat1 Nov 3rd 2011 11:34 am

Your get out plan

Just talking to a friend at lunch who has a 1 hr get out plan. Just wondering who else has an escape plan in place and what yours entails of? Do you have cash stashed in your house, no more than you can carry, no credit cards etc?

mentalist Nov 3rd 2011 11:49 am

Re: Your get out plan

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9712267)
Do you have cash stashed in your house, no more than you can carry, no credit cards etc?

Yes I have Dhs50,000 in used notes hidden under my bed. Come and get it, burglars.:)

Mogs Nov 3rd 2011 11:58 am

Just talking to a friend at lunch who has a 1 hr get out plan. Just wondering who else has an escape plan in place and what yours entails of? Do you have cash stashed in your house, no more than you can carry, no credit cards etc?

Unless you're driving to Oman, or live in the departure lounge of the airport with 24 tickets booked every day, I would doubt you could leave this (or any other) country within 1 hour

_jon_ Nov 3rd 2011 1:51 pm

How many have the second passport?

al dente Nov 3rd 2011 2:45 pm

If you do have a second passport what good is it as it has no visas or entry stamp in it.

I ask as i have dual nationality and blithely thought i was OK until thinking it through.

Brains1983 Nov 3rd 2011 3:50 pm

We have the cash in Katias name, the lkabilities in mine just incase something happens to me. No real plan for leaving though, worst case we drive to Muscat and **** off from there since no electronic control UAE/Oman border. Not likely, but there we are.

flares Nov 3rd 2011 4:45 pm

I've an abaya, a dingy and a copy of Herve's book. All you need :thumbup:

Kim67 Nov 3rd 2011 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9712771)
I've an abaya, a dingy and a copy of Herve's book. All you need :thumbup:

Let's hope you make a prettier woman.

co durham boy Nov 4th 2011 4:39 am

Does your friend work for Mossad ?

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 5:06 am

no shes just a rather eccentric, paranoid, conspiracy theory obsessor!

co durham boy Nov 4th 2011 9:07 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9713921)
no shes just a rather eccentric, paranoid, conspiracy theory obsessor!

Is she a fellow knicker maker ?

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 9:12 am

she is in the knicker business yes. What difference does that make though?

co durham boy Nov 4th 2011 9:21 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9714167)
she is in the knicker business yes. What difference does that make though?

Absoloutly nothing...:rofl:

kittycat1 Nov 4th 2011 9:29 am

:rofl:

Kix Nov 4th 2011 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 9712636)
We have the cash in Katias name, the lkabilities in mine just incase something happens to me. No real plan for leaving though, worst case we drive to Muscat and **** off from there since no electronic control UAE/Oman border. Not likely, but there we are.

You're wrong on that point, there are electronic controls on all the main border crossings (how could you do visa runs if there wasn't), the only way you can do it is via the road to Hatta Pools, there is an army checkpoint there but they don't bother much, then get an in stamp at the Oman border point - easy if you have either a valid residents or valid visa in your pp. Then, 5 hours later, you're in Muscat having never officially left the UAE. :fingerscrossed:

But that's obviously breaking the law and no one would ever condone such behaviour. :sneaky: