Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Your favourite quotations - film, real life or whatever you choose

Your favourite quotations - film, real life or whatever you choose

Old Oct 18th 2012, 4:31 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favourite quotations - film, real life or whatever you choose

Originally Posted by Muncle
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. Charles Baudelaire and rephrased by Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Almost every word from Verbal is a fave:
I used to be in a barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois. The baritone was this guy named Kip Diskin--big fat guy. I mean, like, orca fat.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:27 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

sic...
"He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong"

And

"It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the ****ing Century!" In fact, **** it Nick, I think I'll keep it!"

The fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.

Wine in WIN with an "e"
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Demolition Man

Simon Phoenix (Wesley Snipes) : Would somebody please shoot this motherf@#$%r, he's pissin me off.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:47 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Demolition Man
Very quotable film, that one...

- You're gonna regret this the rest of your life... both seconds of it.

- Let's go blow this guy!
- Away! Blow this guy AWAY!
- Whatever.

- The exchange of bodily fluids, do you know what that leads to?
- Yeah, I do: kids, smoking, a desire to raid the fridge.

- We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

It felt like a sparrow had flown into my stomach and was trying to get out...Leonardo De Caprio's character in "Shutter Island" on his seasickness.

This could be the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship (or words to that effect)...at the very end of "Casablanca".

For the most amusing quote of the year, how about this from the Serbian FA..."The FA of Serbia absolutely refuses [sic] and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Krusevac. Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence... And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number three, Danny Rose, behaved in [an] inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Krusevac, and for that he was shown a red card.''
...the fact that he had been pelted with stones and racially abused for 30 minutes was irrelevent.

Last edited by mentalist; Oct 18th 2012 at 12:54 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:52 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I see your everything in all the above posts, and raise you...Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 2:18 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." The Princess Bride
One of my favourite films. I also like the 'inconceivable' line although it is not really a quote.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 7:37 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

"Noodles, I slipped" Once upon a time in America.

or

"I don't know nottin' 'bout nobody"
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
One of my favourite films. I also like the 'inconceivable' line although it is not really a quote.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Count Rugen: Ah. Are you coming down into the pit? Wesley's got his strength back. I'm starting him on the machine tonight.
Prince Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.
Count Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.