Your Dubai Favourites

Old Jul 29th 2012, 8:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Dubai Favourites

Bahtatgirl and our two late-teenage sons will be out for 10 days or so (yep, during Ramadan)...would be pleased to hear your recommendations for eateries and things to do.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Dubai Favourites

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Bahtatgirl and our two late-teenage sons will be out for 10 days or so (yep, during Ramadan)...would be pleased to hear your recommendations for eateries and things to do.
Ski Dubai , Wild Wadi , Burj Khalifa @ The Top / Fountains and i'd go Blue Elephant , Jaimie Oliver and maybe Rivignton Grill .

Throw in the shopping and job done .
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:34 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
Ski Dubai , Wild Wadi , Burj Khalifa @ The Top / Fountains and i'd go Blue Elephant , Jaimie Oliver and maybe Rivignton Grill .

Throw in the shopping and job done .
another couple could be the Sky diving at Mirdif mall, climbing wall at Mirdif Mall and also Times Square
Old Jul 29th 2012, 9:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If they haven't done it before, Big Bus Tour. Also:

Madinat - nice for visitors to wander around
Wander around Karama in the evening to see a non-shiny side of Dubai and eat at a cheap cafe
Dinner in Souk al Bahar so you can pop out onto terrace and see fountains
Mirdif Mall has that 'flying' experience, the vertical wind tunnel thing (Brain not working well today)
Lebanese restaurants - Reem al Bawadi on Beach Road is buzzing during Ramadan

If it was cooler I'd suggest other outdoor/active things, but I think they'll melt. Are they particularly active, do they like the arts? What do they like to do? Plenty of art galleries have exhibitions on.

I wouldn't bother with Jamie Oliver here. Much cheaper in the UK and better.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 10:47 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

A night time activity that isn't as atrocious as you may think is the Bateaux Dubai Dinner Cruise. Vouchers in the Entertainer. DO NOT GO ON ANY OF THE OTHER CRUISES. (which I have, they are cheap, dry and awful food)

It's a bit expensive, and they are a bit slow on serving the drinks. That said, I still managed to get 4.5 pints in before the starters much to dis-amusement of Mrs Millhouse. But hey, I was with her friends so what did she expect. The steak was very nice - although by the time it came I could have eaten a kebab.

Check Jebel Ali hotel to see if they are running their friday BBQ brunch (maybe too hot/ Ramadan killed). I've never done it, but it's my favourite hotel full of 1970s charm.

Also while you are there... what about the 45min sea-plane ride (seawings). Again, I think you can get vouchers for that.

I always put a trip to Musandam on the list to see the Dolphins - start from the Oman side, don't start in Dibba with our commonwealth brothers on cobone deals.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 29th 2012 at 11:09 am.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 10:52 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

late teenage... You can do it anywhere in the world - but I really enjoyed the go karting out at the Autodrome. There is an indoor track and the karts are fast enough. And I think (yes) there are vouchers for that too...
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:01 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

More just came to me.

for (I think) 400dh you can hire an RTA water boat for an hour and do a run out to the palm/ world islands - starts in the Marina and/or Festival city. They are the cool looking speedboat things... that has to be worth looking into. You just call the RTA and book it.

Or... Captain Jack, not too touristy and a nice 1hour boat ride through the Marina and then JBR at sea and back. Check the times - I'm sure it started at 5pm last year during ramadan. (Vouchers in the Entertainer). With the vouchers cheap as chips. Pretty girl on reception too.

Or... 4+ hour catamaran ran by (I think) Bristol Charter. We did it at night and it was fantastic, BBQ, barty music, sheesha. I'm fairly certain we used entertainer vouchers for that.

Or... Deep sea fishing - I did that a while back, can't remember the cost though - 'expensive' springs to mind but I'm sure there are vouchers for it. I caught lots of Sherri.

...as you can tell, I normally take people out on a boat (or into the desert in the batrol).

EDIT -I checked the book, vouchers for all of this (but not the RTA) are in the 2012 book

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 29th 2012 at 11:10 am.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:05 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
late teenage... You can do it anywhere in the world - but I really enjoyed the go karting out at the Autodrome. There is an indoor track and the karts are fast enough. And I think (yes) there are vouchers for that too...
Yes, there are vouchers for it in the 2012 book.

I've not done that yet. It's on the list as soon as Mini's balls are big enough.

Also what about the clay pigeon shooting at Jebal Ali - they would like that.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
Yes, there are vouchers for it in the 2012 book.

I've not done that yet. It's on the list as soon as Mini's balls are big enough.

Also what about the clay pigeon shooting at Jebal Ali - they would like that.
They'd also like the Dark & Mysterious tour starting @ 8pm at The York Hotel
Old Jul 29th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

The Adventure Centre at Times square is cheap and cheerful. Also the Jam Jar studio/workshop for those of an artistic bent.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:08 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You can set your watch by them in Jockeys, always 8.30pm.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:10 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Vouchers available?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:15 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Vouchers available?
Not in the Entertainer Family edition - there is an 'Entertainer Body' edition so there is hope.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
I always put a trip to Musandam on the list to see the Dolphins - start from the Oman side, don't start in Dibba with our commonwealth brothers on cobone deals.
Any suggestions for where to go on the Omani side?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 2:51 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Golden Tulip hotel, if you want you should go up to Rhowda Bowl in Wadi Khasab, but not if you're worried about driving, it's a narrow mountain pass road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.