British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Your Bucket List (Fun movie...) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/your-bucket-list-fun-movie-602543/)

Roadking Apr 8th 2009 6:13 pm

Your Bucket List (Fun movie...)

OK, you have just been told you have a finite time to live. You decide to do all the things you always wanted to do.

What would your top choices be, gotta be just for you?

Nothing impossible like fly, or go to the moon. Realistic but where money, within reason, is no issue....

For me as a start:
1. Ride across the US on my bike
2. Get a tattoo (don't have any)
3. Base jump from a mountain with that suit that lets you glide forever. (gulp!)

Let the good times roll..

The Dean Apr 8th 2009 6:17 pm

Re: Your Bucket List (Fun movie...)

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7463481)
OK, you have just been told you have a finite time to live. You decide to do all the things you always wanted to do.

Nothing impossible like fly, or go to the moon. Realistic but where money, within reason, is no issue....

For me as a start:
3. Base jump from a mountain with that suit that lets you glide forever. (gulp!)

Let me think about that for a while............

......... but in the meantime, here's a question:

What's stopping you doing all those things now? (i.e. while you have your full good health etc).

Just wondering.

Roadking Apr 8th 2009 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7463496)
Let me think about that for a while............

......... but in the meantime, here's a question:

What's stopping you doing all those things now? (i.e. while you have your full good health etc).

Just wondering.

I'm doing 1 this year, not the full way but San Francisco to Sturgis to Las Vegas to San Francisco. Around 6'000km in 18 days. Whoohooo!

Needles frighten me! Seriously. :(

Base jumping just fewkin terrifies me! Sorry, gotta go change my shorts!

Oh, and number 4. Go to the dentist, but only after I've done everything else. Eeeeurrrrgh!

The Dean Apr 8th 2009 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7463523)
I'm doing 1 this year, not the full way but San Francisco to Sturgis to Las Vegas to San Francisco. Around 6'000km in 18 days. Whoohooo!

San Francisco............. the most beautiful city on the planet.

If I'm going to die anywhere, it has to be there.........

Confucius Apr 8th 2009 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7463481)

For me as a start:

Recent scientific study suggest that when the time comes, I may not be needing to die after all...

Roadking Apr 8th 2009 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7463572)
San Francisco............. the most beautiful city on the planet.

If I'm going to die anywhere, it has to be there.........

Never been to the US, so this is a major event for me. Reeaaly looking forward to it but only hotels booked are SF, Sturgis and SF on the return. Could end up sleeping by the side of the road.

Roadking Apr 8th 2009 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7463586)
Recent scientific study suggest that when the time comes, I may not be needing to die after all...

Cause yer dead already???

Confucius Apr 8th 2009 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7463594)
Cause yer dead already???

I won't know if I am...

Bob Apr 9th 2009 12:38 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7463496)

Just wondering.

riding a bike and base jumping will kill ya for a start :D Worth a punt if your on your way out though...

I wouldn't mind getting a fast car and wrecking it across the US, not like I'll have to worry about penalty points if I'm on my exit strategy :D

Bungee off lake Victoria

Learn to snowboard and hit some stupidly high virgin snow in the Swiss Alps

Bitch slap a bunch of people and shit in their cornflakes

The Dean Apr 9th 2009 3:11 am

Bitch slap a bunch of people and shit in their cornflakes

This statement was brought to you by the Director of Public Relations for Britishexpats.com.

Bob Apr 9th 2009 3:39 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7464902)
This statement was brought to you by the Director of Public Relations for Britishexpats.com.

good job that's not me then...

And if anyone is curious about the candidates, it's about 4 people local....oh and the landlord.

Spugsy Apr 9th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7463523)

Oh, and number 4. Go to the dentist, but only after I've done everything else. Eeeeurrrrgh!

heh, tattoos aren't bad, its like someone nipping your skin for half an hour or so, saying that when they spray water on and wipe all the blood off you it's not so pleasant, I wouldn't mind getting another one, my mate got a massive dragon over his whole arse over here, it looks better than it sounds.

Eva Apr 9th 2009 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7463586)

That's quite thought provoking actually....and the reason why when I pop my cloggs I wanna be put in cyronic storage as opposed to cremated in the hope that they do discover a rejuvenating elixer.
I wonder though if one would 'have enough of life' if there was an option to go on forever ...
or..if the spiritually/religiously inclined would be curious and impatient enough to call time on this world and move on to that 'better place' their faith teaches them about...

The Dean Apr 9th 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7467156)
That's quite thought provoking actually....and the reason why when I pop my cloggs I wanna be put in cyronic storage as opposed to cremated in the hope that they do discover a rejuvenating elixer.
I wonder though if one would 'have enough of life' if there was an option to go on forever ...
or..if the spiritually/religiously inclined would be curious and impatient enough to call time on this world and move on to that 'better place' their faith teaches them about...

I'm not afraid of dying..........

............ I'm afraid of not dying.

I reach 60-ish, lose my marbles, and from then on I sit in a chair all day dribbling and farting.......

............. and live for another 27 years.

Nightmare - some poor sod (or family member) would feel obliged to look after me.

Cleri Apr 9th 2009 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7465203)
heh, tattoos aren't bad, its like someone nipping your skin for half an hour or so, saying that when they spray water on and wipe all the blood off you it's not so pleasant, I wouldn't mind getting another one, my mate got a massive dragon over his whole arse over here, it looks better than it sounds.

Would he like to share? :unsure: