British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Your Best Conspiracy Theories (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/your-best-conspiracy-theories-902616/)

Boomhauer Aug 31st 2017 4:54 am

Re: Your Best Conspiracy Theories

The MidEast is especially prone to conspiracy theories ; gives them an excuse to not be introspective and admit to their faults.

Millhouse Aug 31st 2017 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 12328317)
The MidEast is especially prone to conspiracy theories ; gives them an excuse to not be introspective and admit to their faults.

a bit like america then

Boomhauer Aug 31st 2017 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12328329)
a bit like america then

Not remotely close to the US. The US (in general) does acknowledge their terrible historical relationship with African Americans and Native Americans.

There is also plenty of people who will chastise the US for its foreign policy. Even conservatives (in general) wouldn't support blatant racism and sectarianism , which is why Trump came in for a lot of heat from even conservatives for his soft criticism of the recent march.

Bahtatboy Aug 31st 2017 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12328329)
a bit like america then

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 12328388)
Not remotely close to the US. The US (in general) does acknowledge their terrible historical relationship with African Americans and Native Americans.

I would imagine (from what I've read, although how much of that is deliberately narrowly focused I don't know -- fake news?) that limited parts of the US (or the US populace) hold attitudes similar to those broadly held in the ME.

Millhouse Aug 31st 2017 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12328390)
I would imagine (from what I've read, although how much of that is deliberately narrowly focused I don't know -- fake news?) that limited parts of the US (or the US populace) hold attitudes similar to those broadly held in the ME.

michael moore

Bahtatboy Aug 31st 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12328413)
michael moore

Specifically... ?

Millhouse Aug 31st 2017 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12328428)
Specifically... ?

9/11

uk_grenada Aug 31st 2017 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12328439)
9/11

Thought that was a hoax to sell tickets for the following movie?

uk_grenada Aug 31st 2017 10:47 am

9/11

When that happened I was in the offices of an American company in London, when the first airplane hit we thought, well that was careless of some pilot, the second - well guys, america hasnt been that well xxxucked since the norwegians were there last [vikings.]

Bahtatboy Aug 31st 2017 12:37 pm

9/11

Ah. Yeah, polarised views on some issues are unlikely to permit clarity on others.

I feel like one of those circus riders, going round in circles with one foot on one horse and the other on another. 'Cept mine are hobby horses (some might say high ones, at that).

Bahtatboy Aug 31st 2017 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by uk_grenada (Post 12328461)
When that happened I was in the offices of an American company in London, when the first airplane hit we thought, well that was careless of some pilot, the second - well guys, america hasnt been that well xxxucked since the norwegians were there last [vikings.]

Tigers, in Africa?

littlejimmy Aug 31st 2017 1:23 pm

The CIA created the Mujihadeen to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan, they became Al Qaeda...

Millhouse Aug 31st 2017 2:32 pm

God. In all his forms.

Heaven and Hell.

Bahtatboy Aug 31st 2017 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12328634)
God. In all his forms.

Heaven and Hell.

No wedding cake for you, then, even if you are straight.

Bakery Says No To Same-Sex Weddings Because 'Our Business Is God's Business' | HuffPost

Best part:
“Our business is God’s business. We work for him,” she said...She then added, “I shouldn’t be picked on because of my beliefs.”

littlejimmy Aug 31st 2017 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 12328671)
Best part:
“Our business is God’s business. We work for him,” she said...She then added, “I shouldn’t be picked on because of my beliefs.”

Translation: "We should be allowed to pick on people because of our cherry-picked beliefs".