British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   You think you have a problem with the noise from your local mosque (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/you-think-you-have-problem-noise-your-local-mosque-838755/)

mikewot Jul 15th 2014 4:01 am

You think you have a problem with the noise from your local mosque

About 4,000 loudspeakers have been set up in and around the Grand Mosque in Mecca, meaning that pilgrims during the peak Ramadan and Hajj seasons experience "first-class sound quality", the speaker system has a range of 9km (5.6 miles), and is windproof, "meaning sound will remain crystal clear even in rough weather".

In addition, green and white lights have been installed on top of the Mecca Clock Tower to inform the faithful of prayer times. At 601m (1,972ft) high, the Abraj Al-Bait clock tower is the third tallest free-standing building in the world, and the lights can be seen 30km (18.6 miles) away, "helping worshippers with hearing difficulties",

In April, Mecca authorities say they expected a 15% rise in the number of Ramadan visitors this year, with the Grand Mosque doubling the floor capacity of some areas, and installing an additional 3,928 toilets for the comfort of its visitors,

BBC News - News from Elsewhere

Boomhauer Jul 15th 2014 2:10 pm

Re: You think you have a problem with the noise from your local mosque

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 11336625)
In April, Mecca authorities say they expected a 15% rise in the number of Ramadan visitors this year, with the Grand Mosque doubling the floor capacity of some areas, and installing an additional 3,928 toilets for the comfort of its visitors,

BBC News - News from Elsewhere

I wonder what the Saudis would do if the infidels stopped selling them waste treatment and transportation equipment ; probably a collective Holy Sh1t

redShark Jul 15th 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11337003)
I wonder what the Saudis would do if the infidels stopped selling them waste treatment and transportation equipment ; probably a collective Holy Sh1t

Nah, no big deal would happen, they can easily go back to their tradional way of life. What about your country? Don’t you actually think you can be more vulnerable than them when it comes to waste treatment crises! Imagine what would happen to the toilet rolls factories in your country if those guys decided to stop pumping out their oil? I’d imagine it would be a complete stinking disaster!!!

NorthernLad Jul 16th 2014 3:56 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11337415)
Nah, no big deal would happen, they can easily go back to their tradional way of life. What about your country? Don’t you actually think you can be more vulnerable than them when it comes to waste treatment crises! Imagine what would happen to the toilet rolls factories in your country if those guys decided to stop pumping out their oil? I’d imagine it would be a complete stinking disaster!!!

Contrary to popular belief, Saudi Arabia is not the worlds only oil producing country.

'Easily go back to their traditional way of life'...:rofl:, you get better and better.

stormwynd Jul 16th 2014 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 11337749)
Seems you admire the Saudis more than Britain...why not give up your British citizenship and go somewhere else?

Yuck. That mentality is so disgusting. People can appreciate other nations without being disloyal to their own. I'm actually surprised to see an expat say this... it's what I'd expect from my brethren in the central US.

Meow Jul 16th 2014 6:59 am

Originally Posted by stormwynd (Post 11337773)
Yuck. That mentality is so disgusting. People can appreciate other nations without being disloyal to their own. I'm actually surprised to see an expat say this... it's what I'd expect from my brethren in the central US.

You are clearly not familiar with our resident troll, redminnow. You might want to check out the history in here before making accusations to other posters.

Millhouse Jul 16th 2014 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11337797)
You are clearly not familiar with our resident troll, redminnow. You might want to check out the history in here before making accusations to other posters.

I sometimes wonder who is the Troll... Norm, me or the Red Fish. :lol:

Meow Jul 16th 2014 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11337810)
I sometimes wonder who is the Troll... Norm, me or the Red Fish. :lol:

I thought we were talking about behaviour, not looks...

Bahtatboy Jul 16th 2014 9:08 am

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11337415)

Which you need to compare with the fact that for every 4 Saudis there's 1 expat, which probably equates to about 1 expat for each working Saudi. If the expats left, the country would shudder to a halt overnight.

Irishbeekeeper Jul 16th 2014 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11337850)
I thought we were talking about behaviour, not looks...

:rofl::rofl:

well he DID say that he got fat-er!

redShark Jul 16th 2014 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11337864)
Which you need to compare with the fact that for every 4 Saudis there's 1 expat, which probably equates to about 1 expat for each working Saudi. If the expats left, the country would shudder to a halt overnight.

Well, our subject of discussion is human waste management, apparently a genuine concern raised by Boomhauer (out of many other serious concerns that she could have thought of). I so happen to be of the idea that the Saudis can easily manage this problem, while it can be a serious problem at hand in other parts of the world should the paper tissues industry get affected

Bahtatboy Jul 16th 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11338170)
Well, our subject of discussion is human waste management, apparently a genuine concern raised by Boomhauer (out of many other serious concerns that she could have thought of). I so happen to be of the idea that the Saudis can easily manage this problem, while it can be a serious problem at hand in other parts of the world should the paper tissues industry get affected

Your naivety has no bounds.

Actually, its some feat to display the depth and breadth of it in just two sentences. Outstanding.

Millhouse Jul 16th 2014 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11338170)

Have you ever been to Saudi... say Riyadh during a storm?

shiva Jul 16th 2014 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11338207)
Have you ever been to Saudi... say Riyadh during a storm?

Of course he ****ing hasn't

I'd lay a good sized wager that should our trolling friend ever visit the holy land and it's sites he'd be a very quiet troll for a very long time

Beakersful Jul 17th 2014 8:55 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11338424)
Of course he ****ing hasn't

I'd lay a good sized wager that should our trolling friend ever visit the holy land and it's sites he'd be a very quiet troll for a very long time

It is hilarious every time the fresh-off-the-boat fundies arrive and start spouting off. Curiously, not many of them survive even the first year out.