British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Are You Paid According To Your Skin Colour? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/you-paid-according-your-skin-colour-791619/)

LaLaLayla Mar 26th 2013 4:26 pm

Re: Are You Paid According To Your Skin Colour?

Originally Posted by Arcadia (Post 10624920)
and drive a Mercedes E 320.

Ah, the E320... what an old donkey that was. Sorry, but you are going to have to try harder than that to impress us.

Ethos83 Mar 26th 2013 4:34 pm

You're a grandmother. And you're only 45?

Originally Posted by Arcadia (Post 10624920)
Really, And why would you say that? I think Im quite smart, Im 45 years old, live mortgage free and drive a Mercedes E 320. All courtesy of ADNOC and MY Employer HE Shiekh Nasser bin butti as nanny to his son.

You make it sound as if i was being racist or demeaning..how dare you! The guys i was talking about were also all personal friends and so were thier wives and children..and yeah, they sent money home to buy land etc..good for them..each to thier own.

I came over there, worked, saved, spent..and came home to the UK to enjoy being with my two newborn grandaughters...Hmm.

Arcadia Mar 26th 2013 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 10624951)
Ah, the E320... what an old donkey that was. Sorry, but you are going to have to try harder than that to impress us.

Yeah, touche!..It has been a bit of a let down..looks nice though;). I thought as soon as I hit the send button I was gonna get pilloried for that lol.

I just didnt want to come over as an ex expat biatch..cos i never was and never would be to the tight as a ducks arse little subcons..ONLY JOKING!!:eek:

britexpat76 Mar 26th 2013 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 10624959)

22 & 23 is not that strange? Though the E320 is a pig of a car.

Arcadia Mar 26th 2013 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 10624959)

Yes! Im from Middlesbrough so believe me when I say Im classed as being old for a nana.:eek:

OriginalSunshine Mar 26th 2013 5:38 pm

You make it sound as if i was being racist or demeaning
no my dear, you were doing quite a good job at that yourself

Ethos83 Mar 26th 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah. A bit pretentious to be making comments. But where I'm from 45 is still classified as a young parent.

I'm 30 and just about to be married. Kids are a few years off still so when I'm 45 my oldest kids will probably only be 11-12.

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10624972)
22 & 23 is not that strange? Though the E320 is a pig of a car.

britexpat76 Mar 26th 2013 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 10625076)
no my dear, you were doing quite a good job at that yourself

Is this a tit swinging contest?

Arcadia Mar 26th 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10625086)
Is this a tit swinging contest?

Of course not Originalsunshine just obviously has a problem with everything I say..anyway..crack on back to the thread..im off to the bingo and then for a grannie nap..until someone else says something to piss somebody off.:getcoat

Kix Mar 26th 2013 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Arcadia (Post 10624983)
Yes! Im from Middlesbrough so believe me when I say Im classed as being old for a nana.:eek:

Middlesbrough? Do you know The Bongo Club?

redShark Mar 26th 2013 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Arcadia (Post 10624983)

I think you have made the right decision of having kids at young age; now you can have all your life to enjoy while you are still young. I keep telling young people who want to start a family the same advice, to have kids and get over with. Young men and women are more resilience and full of energy which is ideal for the job of parenthood

The Dean Mar 26th 2013 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10625360)
I think you have made the right decision of having kids at young age; now you can have all your life to enjoy while you are still young. I keep telling young people who want to start a family the same advice, to have kids and get over with. Young men and women are more resilience and full of energy which is ideal for the job of parenthood

Yeah but you know nothing of life.

When your kids ask a question, will you say 'Dunno - ask your teacher'?

Boomhauer Mar 26th 2013 9:00 pm

On the flip side , one can't enjoy their 20s being single or as a childless couple.
It's just different strokes for different folks. Some want to be parents at a young age and some don't. So some will enjoy the path you mention and some will enjoy the path I mention.

Arcadia Mar 26th 2013 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10625201)
Middlesbrough? Do you know The Bongo Club?

Ha Ha! Yes Kix The Bongo Club is very well known..we were once talking to a guy in Malaysia, who asked which part of the UK we were from and soon as we mentioned Middlesbrough he said '' ahh The Bongo Club ''

Have you been in there Kix?

Arcadia Mar 26th 2013 10:35 pm

Thanks..and in my case it was totally the right thing to do as I was diagnosed with Grade 2 Cancer of the womb lastyear and had to have a total hysterectomy.