Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

You lot weren't joking...

You lot weren't joking...

Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default You lot weren't joking...

Went to MoE on Friday night after being asked by a friend if we wanted to go to the cinema. OH MY GOD....ground level parking - Full, 1st floor parking - Full eventually navigated to the roof and literally spent 30 minutes driving round and round until someone happened to vacate a space right next to where I was at the time.

Inside it was chaos and still was at 10.30pm. Having never been to MoE apart from Friday mornings and during the week it was a real eye opener. Next time I shall valet at the Kempinski......if there has to be another time.

I seriously thought everyone was exaggerating about how busy it gets.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You lot weren't joking...

it's horrendous...i made the mistake of going one saturday evening, never, ever again...

MM, xx
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it's horrendous...i made the mistake of going one saturday evening, never, ever again...

MM, xx
Same here! I went the Saturday before last and I've never seen so many angry and frustrated people in such a small space before... Never again!

Last edited by Emerald_Eyes; Jun 15th 2008 at 10:36 am.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Same here! I want the Saturday before last and I've never seen so many angry and frustrated people in such a small space before... Never again!
never mind all the hundreds of indians gathered around whatever 'dancing' is going on the big stage, a few weeks back it was 4 blokes dressed as worms,

I shit you not.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
never mind all the hundreds of indians gathered around whatever 'dancing' is going on the big stage, a few weeks back it was 4 blokes dressed as worms,

I shit you not.
I saw the worms show...lovely!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

It was tap dancing this week!! I'm glad i'm not the only one who has been caught out then!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: You lot weren't joking...

russian violinists in mini skirts a few weeks back,

that wasn't so bad

Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:13 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Wanted to pop into Carrefour at 10pm on Friday.. eventually gave up and drove to Geant at Ibn Battuta instead. Far easier to park there....
Old Jun 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till Dubai Mall opens at the Burj Dubai............

Parking for something like 8000 cars..... and ONE two-lane access ramp in and out, opposite the Al Murooj Rotana..........

Fancy queueing anyone????
Old Jun 15th 2008, 3:58 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
You should of fallen into Apre bar till early hours and problem solved!!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Just park on the pavement. Although you may get a 200 dhs fine for your efforts. Still gutted about that one... I mean, its not like I was driving on SZR with kids running around inside the car... surely the police should be fining these people?!?!? And what about the people who go through a salik gate 25 times with no salik tag?!?!!? Don't they get fined?!?! Oh yes, I remember now....

NEVER go to MoE on a Friday after 3pm. Set your alarm - like "I am Legend".... beeep beeep beeep beeep.... Time to go home. It'll be dark soon and the zombies will be out.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:25 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmmmmmm...I am at the MoE every Friday at 3 cause my daughter has skiinglessons for the past 6 months and I have always been able to park on the roof. Most people endlessly keep on driving round but I just go straight up and there's always plenty of space there...
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

matthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond reputematthew.lewis2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
hmmmmmmmm...I am at the MoE every Friday at 3 cause my daughter has skiinglessons for the past 6 months and I have always been able to park on the roof. Most people endlessly keep on driving round but I just go straight up and there's always plenty of space there...
Now theres a bit of information a stalker/terrorist could pick up on!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matthew.lewis2
Now theres a bit of information a stalker/terrorist could pick up on!
aww, now who'd put a fatwa on our dear old clog-hopper?

She's a paragon of virtue.... Soft, too.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fortunately close enough to walk to Dubai Mall......but I do hope they open more access roads than there are at the moment!

Point taken on MoE!! I'm more of a Festival City man....if I have to go to one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.