British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Are you happy? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/you-happy-693570/)

kittycat1 Nov 15th 2010 7:55 am

Are you happy?

Simple question - are you happy/content? And what does being happy mean to you?

I often think its a lot easier to be happier when you just stop wanting more. Embrace what you have around you and go with the flow. Be thankful for what you have rather than missing what you don't.

GuyinUAE Nov 15th 2010 8:00 am

Re: Are you happy?

I live life for today, today I'm happy. My job p*?sses me off, but doing something about that, so all keep your fingers crossed for me. I have a great group of friends here, I don't miss the UK, so on the whole, yes.
Be nice to share it with someone, but, I'm very picky, so that might take a while to sort out!

commander Nov 15th 2010 8:01 am

im happy.

Millhouse Nov 15th 2010 8:37 am

yes.

LStar Nov 15th 2010 8:48 am

I'm not entirely happy...6/10

MissDemeanor Nov 15th 2010 8:49 am

I'll let you know tomorrow!;)

Ethos83 Nov 15th 2010 8:50 am

Err....ahh....um.....well....

lionheart Nov 15th 2010 9:15 am

Could be alot worse so 8/10 over here.:thumbup:

Bahtatboy Nov 15th 2010 9:17 am

Work: 9/10
Family: 7/10
Fitness: 3/10
Finances: 7/10

So Yes, because by-and-large I'm capable of improving those which score lower than I'd like, but there are some elements which I don't have influence over but I accept (with good grace, I hope).

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference…

Meow Nov 15th 2010 12:03 pm

I am pretty happy with my life, but I am a glass half full kind of person. I find that people are often as happy as they want to be. Some folk could have everything and still be miserable.

Blue Cat Nov 15th 2010 2:14 pm

Very Happy :thumbsup:

Hello.Kitty Nov 15th 2010 7:04 pm

Happy and content are two different things, imo.

Happy is an active thought - and fleeting. You need to actually ask yourself if you're happy first.

Content is just wandering through life with a general smile on your face, not asking much... just being.

Anyhow, I'm pretty content at the moment. 9/10 content really. Not ecstatically happy most days, but just pootling along, enjoying life.

hnd Nov 15th 2010 8:24 pm

Guess so, I'm alive and kicking, have a wonderful husband, have lovely family for the most part (albeit spread around the world a bit so don't see them that often), great friends here and abroad ...

And for the other part of the family ... we're way too far away for them to even bother us, so that's a result!

The glass is always half full - and if it isn't it soon gets topped up!

wills Nov 15th 2010 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by hnd (Post 8983880)
Guess so, I'm alive and kicking, have a wonderful husband, have lovely family for the most part (albeit spread around the world a bit so don't see them that often), great friends here and abroad ...

And for the other part of the family ... we're way too far away for them to even bother us, so that's a result!

The glass is always half full - and if it isn't it soon gets topped up!

yeah me too man

Victor Meldrew Nov 16th 2010 4:54 am

Baaaahhhhhh Humbug!!! :frown: