Yes
87.50%
No
12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Are you christened?

Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:34 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you christened?

Originally Posted by Ethos83
No dog (yet) no hampster (hopefully never)

But we did just receive a set of 12 sterling silver bread and butter plates from one of my American relatives.

We're now (dinner) set for life.
The more I read your posts the more I am convinced you are always on the wind up.
Do you actually exist?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like many on here I do sometimes wind things up a bit. The saving grace is that I don't resort to lewd sexual humour and ad hom attacks in some misguided belief that it's funny (it's not).

Anyway, determined that this is the last week on here. There's really no point posting anymore given that I haven't lived in the Middle East in a few years. The difficulty is that coming here is like going to the zoo and staring at strange, exotic species behind bars.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
The more I read your posts the more I am convinced you are always on the wind up.
Do you actually exist?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I was just on the wind up basically

Anyhow I disagree on two points, firstly the idea of choosing to have kids. What percentage of kids could be considered 'accidental' it's probably very high.

Secondly anyone one entering marriage for financial reasons has as good a chance of surviving as getting married for for love.
Indeed, there are some who are accidents, but I'm not against abortion if you're not able to provide (not just financially but in every sense) the right environment and future for a kid.

Shame on anyone who marries for just money. It's a piss poor thing to do. Unless it's known then the rich person should be ashamed as well. It's just long term prostitution.

No dog (yet) no hampster (hopefully never)

But we did just receive a set of 12 sterling silver bread and butter plates from one of my American relatives.

We're now set for life.
What other gifts have you asked for? (Maybe you didn't ask for that...but you know)
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

No need to leave the bored though Ethos
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Like many on here I do sometimes wind things up a bit. The saving grace is that I don't resort to lewd sexual humour and ad hom attacks in some misguided belief that it's funny (it's not).

Anyway, determined that this is the last week on here. There's really no point posting anymore given that I haven't lived in the Middle East in a few years. The difficulty is that coming here is like going to the zoo and staring at strange, exotic species behind bars.
Pot. Kettle. Black....surely?

Anyway, no need to leave. A lot of your posts make me chuckle.

I imagine you with fluffy cheeks in years to come and that's cool.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:53 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Well good luck with the wedding for what its worth from a strange species behind bars.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing. Didn't ask / no wedding list for anything and are being given lots of pretty but useless things particularly from the American relatives. My mother's family is fairly old fashioned with a habit of recycling wedding gifts every generation or so.

Originally Posted by Scamp

What other gifts have you asked for? (Maybe you didn't ask for that...but you know)
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:55 am
Knee deep and rising

Shame on anyone who marries for just money. It's a piss poor thing to do. Unless it's known then the rich person should be ashamed as well. It's just long term prostitution.
Marriage for love is a fairly recent concept in the history of the world I would imagine.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

eh? you do ... anyway, good for you. Marrage is an exciting time (well it wasn't for me actually it was a visa requirement) and I wish you all the best - stay out of the 42% pot if you can.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
eh?
He means Ad hominem, play the ball and not the player.

Last edited by mikewot; Jul 17th 2013 at 9:03 am. Reason: Corrected smelling pistake
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:30 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Baptised, attended catholic school, married and raised third order Franciscan.

Haven't been to church in ages, however it's still possible to follow most of the Franciscan rules which part of it is live a life characterised by charity, forgiveness and compassion towards others. Not much of that going on from so called Catholics on here.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Marriage for love is a fairly recent concept in the history of the world I would imagine.
So are a lot of things.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Ad hominEM" the Latin noun is homo, hominis, and the accusative singular is HOMINEM. The meaning is an attack on the person putting forward an argument rather than an attack on the idea.

Ah the benefits of a classical education ! It raises one from the common herd !
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:41 am
Knee deep and rising

So are a lot of things.
true, but I was restricting my comments to marriage for love.

off topic; I have just spent the morning listening to The White Room by The KLF, what an album. Where did those guys ever go?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

true, but I was restricting my comments to marriage for love.

off topic; I have just spent the morning listening to The White Room by The KLF, what an album. Where did those guys ever go?
It kind of went wrong when they set fire to a million quid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.