Yes
87.50%
No
12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Are you christened?

Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you christened?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Interesting that people aren't getting their kids Christened, im now god parent to 7 kids though- parents aren't allowed to travel together!
parents not allowed to travel together? why not?

I've not been christened and nor has Mini. It would be wrong to christen a child born out of wedlock.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

7 kids by 4 different couples, so those 4 couples aren't allowed to travel together as I'd get 7 kids if they all died!
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:11 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

So speaks the modern man. Jaded. Rootless. Selfish.

By the way there's no prohibition against christening bastards.

Originally Posted by Millhouse

I've not been christened and nor has Mini. It would be wrong to christen a child born out of wedlock.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holly Would
What's the difference between Christened and Baptised? I am (both presumably if there isn't a difference) but haven't been to Church for yonks. My children are too, but have never been to Church.

Hello to all, by the way, new here but not to the region. This site looks like fun!
welcome Holly Would are you the same Holly Would on Twitter?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 1:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you not married?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Holly Would is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Blue Cat. No I'm not on Twitter at all, oh dear, should I change my name here, I don't want to confuse?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:04 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Baptised (twice - once due to op when 1 day old, second time during Christening), Christened, Confirmation (Catholic) when 24 so could get married in Parent's church as I was marrying an Atheist and parents insisted on Church wedding.
Now Atheist. Kids have always lived in Muslim countries. They are not Christened. They are aware of different religions and get to choose what they want to believe in when they determine themselves they are old enough to choose.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:26 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Mum was Catholic, Dad C of E.

I was Christened C of E.

Had my 2 boys Baptised Catholic ( Better School ) , they were never confirmed as they both moved into independent schools round about the time all that kerfuffle goes on.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you not married?
Of course I am. But mini millhouse was (is?) a bastard.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Does it not bother you that your child was a bastard?

Of course I am. But mini millhouse was (is?) a bastard.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Not at all - Quite the opposite in fact as I don't really like the concept of marriage.

When you get married next week do you expect some divine intervention into your life steering you on the right path and making you good people/ parents?...

sadly no.

You get a bit of paper that you put in the safe and only look at when moving it out of the way to get the cheque book to pay the plumber to clear the drains.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'm a bastard.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm a bastard.
I'm a child..........
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

You just proved my point. Jaded. Selfish. Rootless.

No concept of being part of an ancient cultural tradition going back eons in all cultures and civilisations worldwide. No concept of making a statement to the community and world that you're entering a formal union with a woman out of love and respect (well, hopefully).

I'm inclined to think that this whole not getting married because I don't believe in it is a symptom of the rotten core at the heart of the modern post-liberal west - that we've all become so selfish and individualistic that we're rejecting participation in the institutions that help define not just family but community, history and traditions that have helped to guide our civilisations through time.

I'm not as coldhearted as I may sound as I do accept there are genuine circumstances why people elect not to get married. Still, I'm thankful I'm not as unromantic as to look at a woman and think, wow, I can't believe she's my partner. What a nasty word. This time next week I will have a wife. And I'm very much looking forward to it.

Not at all - Quite the opposite in fact as I don't really like the concept of marriage.

When you get married next week do you expect some divine intervention into your life steering you on the right path and making you good people/ parents?...

sadly no.

You get a bit of paper that you put in the safe and only look at when moving it out of the way to get the cheque book to pay the plumber to clear the drains.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

You just proved my point. Jaded. Selfish. Rootless.

No concept of being part of an ancient cultural tradition going back eons in all cultures and civilisations worldwide. No concept of making a statement to the community and world that you're entering a formal union with a woman out of love and respect (well, hopefully).

I'm inclined to think that this whole not getting married because I don't believe in it is a symptom of the rotten core at the heart of the modern post-liberal west - that we've all become so selfish and individualistic that we're rejecting participation in the institutions that help define not just family but community, history and traditions that have helped to guide our civilisations through time.

I'm not as coldhearted as I may sound as I do accept there are genuine circumstances why people elect not to get married. Still, I'm thankful I'm not as unromantic as to look at a woman and think, wow, I can't believe she's my partner. What a nasty word. This time next week I will have a wife. And I'm very much looking forward to it.
You sound as charismatic as a bag of spuds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.