British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Yet another iphone question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/yet-another-iphone-question-777387/)

Victor Meldrew Nov 23rd 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Yet another iphone question

When I go back to UK for holidays I switch from my Etisalat SIM card to my Orange PAYG SIM card.
I am guessing that if I get an iPhone 5 I can purchase a replacement Orange PAYG nano SIM which will automatically have my contacts etc and have the same phone number
Also, if I get a replacement nano SIM for Etisalat and Orange do my old SIM cards become inoperable (I'm thinking about if I want to keep my Galaxy 2 as a spare phone)
Complicated business!

Victor Meldrew Nov 23rd 2012 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10392755)
yes..and it whistles :D

Rumours and facts are now coming out for the next generation - Galaxy S4

Going to have to get an update Patsy!

Betty Bee Nov 23rd 2012 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10397885)
You could try this.

Thank you, I'm afraid I couldn't get your link to work.

mikewot Nov 23rd 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Betty Bee (Post 10397946)
Thank you, I'm afraid I couldn't get your link to work.

Google your question there are many links taking you through it step by step.

Betty Bee Nov 23rd 2012 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by mikewot (Post 10397953)
Google your question there are many links taking you through it step by step.

Ah ok, sorry, will do! Just thought someone on here would tell me in easy steps. Thanks anyway.

Patsy Stoned Nov 23rd 2012 5:30 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 10397914)
Rumours and facts are now coming out for the next generation - Galaxy S4

Going to have to get an update Patsy!

Darling, it has taken me 20 years to move from the Motorola International 3200 through to my S3 :D
Do you remember those aerials? On the newer models they retracted when you pushed them lol

Victor Meldrew Nov 23rd 2012 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10398070)
Darling, it has taken me 20 years to move from the Motorola International 3200 through to my S3 :D
Do you remember those aerials? On the newer models they retracted when you pushed them lol

yes I remember, of course I remember. Retracting aerials, jumpers for goalposts etc etc

I was, like you, a smartphone Luddite until around Sept 2010. I then bought a Nokia E72, then a Blackberry Torch now a Galaxy S2 with eyes on an iPhone 5.

I think the S3 will stay functional and also 'up to date' for at least a year or so, then will become old hat by probably 2014.

They can be great fun and also very functional if fully used. Cacth 22 - don't get caught in the trendy trap, and if you don't need it - don't buy it.

Most trendies buy every year or 2. If you are not a trendy, buy every 2 or 3 years.

Enjoy!

Patsy Stoned Nov 23rd 2012 5:53 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 10398086)
yes I remember, of course I remember. Retracting aerials, jumpers for goalposts etc etc

I was, like you, a smartphone Luddite until around Sept 2010. I then bought a Nokia E72, then a Blackberry Torch now a Galaxy S2 with eyes on an iPhone 5.

I think the S3 will stay functional and also 'up to date' for at least a year or so, then will become old hat by probably 2014.

They can be great fun and also very functional if fully used. Cacth 22 - don't get caught in the trendy trap, and if you don't need it - don't buy it.

Most trendies buy every year or 2. If you are not a trendy, buy every 2 or 3 years.

Enjoy!

Darling, I will stay with the S3. I don't use my phone much when I am out, I am a bit weird like that..... if I go out for dinner, I like to talk face to face with the people around the table. I don't need lots of apps, nor do I need to check my phone every 3 mins to see if somebody has got in touch. My life will not come to a standstill if I don't keep in touch on facebook/twitter/etc every minute of the day.
Here is a quote from Albert Einstein and a modern day picture :)

Victor Meldrew Nov 23rd 2012 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 10398104)
Darling, I will stay with the S3. I don't use my phone much when I am out, I am a bit weird like that..... if I go out for dinner, I like to talk face to face with the people around the table. I don't need lots of apps, nor do I need to check my phone every 3 mins to see if somebody has got in touch. My life will not come to a standstill if I don't keep in touch on facebook/twitter/etc every minute of the day.

** like ** :thumbsup:

Patsy Stoned Nov 23rd 2012 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew (Post 10398110)
** like ** :thumbsup:

I knew you would like that darling xxx

mikewot Nov 24th 2012 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Betty Bee (Post 10397972)
Ah ok, sorry, will do! Just thought someone on here would tell me in easy steps. Thanks anyway.

I cut 'n paste it for you:
To delete a single song, click on it.
To delete multiple songs next to each other, hold down the Shift key while you click them.
To delete multiple non-contiguous songs, hold down the Command key (on a Mac) or the Control key (on Windows) while you click the songs.
To delete an album, click on the album title.
To delete all music by the artist, click on the artist's name.
When you’ve selected the items to delete, you can do one of three things:

Hit the "delete" key on the keyboard.
Go to the Edit menu and choose "delete."
Right-click and choose "delete" (Mac) or "send to recycling bin" (Windows).
Note: Deleting songs from iTunes will remove them from your iPod the next time you sync your iPod. If you just want to remove a song from your iPod, but keep it in your iTunes library, you need to sync only selected songs.

UKCityGent Nov 24th 2012 6:09 am

+ 1

I still have and use a KD10 phone for personal use - as long as i can receive/make texts and calls Im happy.

I think people have become slaves to phones - many of my friends do not use 80% of the apps on the phone !

archie159 Nov 24th 2012 4:34 pm

Darling, .... I don't use my phone much when I am out, I am a bit weird like that..... if I go out for dinner, I like to talk face to face with the people around the table. I don't need lots of apps, nor do I need to check my phone every 3 mins to see if somebody has got in touch. My life will not come to a standstill if I don't keep in touch on facebook/twitter/etc every minute of the day.
...:)

I was in the bar high up in the Eithad Towers Hotel (or whatever it is called) the other night... there were 4 young Brits, mid-twenties probably, sitting around a small table in an otherwise crowded and lively bar. For 20 minutes at least they sat in silence tapping away at their smart phones, and not one of them said a word to each other. It wasn't work they were doing - I could see over some of their shoulders, and it was just facebook and similar stuff. Eventually they obviously decided that they had done enough status-updating etc and actually started to talk to each other. Quite bizarre...