British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Yas Island Bars and Restaurants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/yas-island-bars-restaurants-639584/)

commander Nov 15th 2009 11:04 am

Re: Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8099529)
Oh cheer up, old chap. Nothing wrong with a gentle flirt between old friends, is there?

indeed..should be encouraged..and dont call her old

rowell Nov 15th 2009 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8092763)
the one that is all white and chrome and feels like a hospital?

Yas Island Hotel, but not quite how I would describe it,

Blue Cat Nov 15th 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8099536)
Yas Island Hotel, but not quite how I would describe it,

not my words ;)

rowell Nov 15th 2009 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8099544)
not my words ;)

Probably being bias the company I work for did the M & E design on it

Blue Cat Nov 15th 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8099551)
Probably being bias the company I work for did the M & E design on it

oh dear everyone who was there that night thought it was awful, sorry :(

rowell Nov 15th 2009 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8099589)
oh dear everyone who was there that night thought it was awful, sorry :(

No need to be sorry, i didnt design it! It is a bit clinical and I can see it wont be to everyones taste, but the Architect won designer of the year for it? Not sure how much competition there was.

Tiger989 Nov 15th 2009 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8099317)
I took my kids to their fake school this morning, went to do my fake job for a few hours, drove my fake car over some fake roads, will have to buy some fake groceries later in that hugely fake Spinneys, take them back to my fake house, into my fake kitchen and will cook up some fancy fake dinner for my fake husband and kids...need I go on?
Now apparently if I had done those things anywhere else, I guess all this would have been 'real' somehow...

You are going overboard there! MataHari, I think I was generalizing Dubai. 95% if not more of the Dubai population loves the Plastik! Look carefully in Dubai. The school you send your children too is an expensive school most probably only a certain category of people can afford. Your hubby being British got a higher salary in Dubai than any other nationality! There is no real mix of people! No real respect! No real friendship! Mention to me several places where you can send off your teenagers in Dubai where they can go out and chill without spending money? Or socialize with other kids without flashing stuff?? It seems to me you either gullible or pretending not to see the obvious by doing couple of normal choirs and the odd charity work there and here to neutralize your life.

MataHari Nov 15th 2009 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger989 (Post 8099881)
You are going overboard there! MataHari, I think I was generalizing Dubai. 95% if not more of the Dubai population loves the Plastik! Look carefully in Dubai. The school you send your children too is an expensive school most probably only a certain category of people can afford. Your hubby being British got a higher salary in Dubai than any other nationality! There is no real mix of people! No real respect! No real friendship! Mention to me several places where you can send off your teenagers in Dubai where they can go out and chill without spending money? Or socialize with other kids without flashing stuff?? It seems to me you either gullible or pretending not to see the obvious by doing couple of normal choirs and the odd charity work there and here to neutralize your life.

the school I send my kids to is the school across the road...I don't really care how cheap or expensive it is to be honest, I like the system they use, which is more important and the fact that it's close by. My 'hubby' isn't British and he's been with this company for over 15 years. My kids have loads of friends from all nationalities, my oldest son has mostely local friends that have embrased him like he's one of them, he goes on trips with them all over the UAE cause he's an excelent quadbiker and part of an all local group of guys.
Both of them hang out with friends all the time, at each others houses but of course they also go to the malls and the movies, just like they would in any other country.
As for flashing stuff, yeah, sure, my skateboard son likes his stuff and his outfits, just like any other skateboarder in any other country...can't see anything wrong with that.
They both have worked part of the summerholidays, full time, in garages and warehouses with no AC, just as they would have had a summerjob 'back home'. I don't just mix with people from my own country, far from it. Oh and I live in the 'bad' part of town as well....and guess what, I like it.

now you can call me guillible or naive or whateverthehell you like, but you obviously don't know me, son.

shakh your bootie Nov 15th 2009 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 8099946)
the school I send my kids to is the school across the road...I don't really care how cheap or expensive it is to be honest, I like the system they use, which is more important and the fact that it's close by. My 'hubby' isn't British and he's been with this company for over 15 years. My kids have loads of friends from all nationalities, my oldest son has mostely local friends that have embrased him like he's one of them, he goes on trips with them all over the UAE cause he's an excelent quadbiker and part of an all local group of guys.
Both of them hang out with friends all the time, at each others houses but of course they also go to the malls and the movies, just like they would in any other country.
As for flashing stuff, yeah, sure, my skateboard son likes his stuff and his outfits, just like any other skateboarder in any other country...can't see anything wrong with that.
They both have worked part of the summerholidays, full time, in garages and warehouses with no AC, just as they would have had a summerjob 'back home'. I don't just mix with people from my own country, far from it. Oh and I live in the 'bad' part of town as well....and guess what, I like it.

now you can call me guillible or naive or whateverthehell you like, but you obviously don't know me, son.

Go on, admit it. You're faker than the fake tan queen, aren't you?

MataHari Nov 15th 2009 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8099956)

well, lets just say MataHari isn't my real name ;)

but really, it pisses me off completely when people go and assume stuff they know shite all about...

Madam Medusa Nov 15th 2009 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8099956)

ohhh, you stirrer, you...

MM, xx

shakh your bootie Nov 15th 2009 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8099968)

MM, xx

Ah, there you are. I was wondering where you'd got to.

Yes, a wiser man would have let that sleeping dog lie, I imagine.

Madam Medusa Nov 15th 2009 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 8099974)
Ah, there you are. I was wondering where you'd got to.

Yes, a wiser man would have let that sleeping dog lie, I imagine.

working, boo hoo...

MM, xx

commander Nov 15th 2009 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8099968)

MM, xx

Exactly.. The fake tit queen cited SYB as one of her closest friends...

Anyway. Where is she? I haven't seen her maid out sweepimg sand off her corniche viewed apartment lately

shakh your bootie Nov 15th 2009 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8099978)
working, boo hoo...

MM, xx

Oh, snap - and on a Sunday, too. But it's quiet enough to post inbetween editing documents...

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8099979)
Exactly.. The fake tit queen cited SYB as one of her closest friends...

Anyway. Where is she? I haven't seen her maid out sweepimg sand off her corniche viewed apartment lately

She was alright really, just a little, err, alternative. I have no idea if she's still in AD or not.