Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:47 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Originally Posted by niddy
I thought the point of this thread was to discuss Yas restaurants and bars and not whether Dubai was better than Abu Dhabi vice versa! Can we get off that stupid argument? For those that have been please provide your reviews including place and price That would be much appreciated. This was in the National yesterday:

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....LIFE/711109982
There is NEVER a point to the thread. Why else do you think we bother posting in the first place.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:31 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Feeling a bit sensitive sweetie?

What has that got to do with which city is better than the other? Just because AD funded these projects doesn't lessen the fact that Dubai is still the preferred tourist destination and generally a much nicer place to live for some people.

The fact is that this thread was designed to start a debate, so everybody is going to have a different opinion - there's no need to be a complete cock. It seems to me that everyone's "facts" are somewhat coloured by the news they're fed in their respective locations. (See Roadking's last post).

Hold on, not getting sensitive. Just pointing out the facts. If some one loves a fake life then dubai is the place. Abu Dhabi is more realistic. Dubai is just full of plastik and wannabees. Please the lady who used to clean my toilet at uni when she comes to dubai she is a multi millionare bitch.
Every one in Dubai thinks they are a VVIP. Get back to reality love. Dubai is built on prostitution and money support from Abu Dhabi. People love Dubai and its a tourist attraction cause Abu Dhabi supported it. Look at YAS. Its more popular than dubai over the last ten years.

EDIT: I'm pissed when I wrote this. Just pointing out the facts nothing personal
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:01 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Please the lady who used to clean my toilet at uni when she comes to dubai she is a multi millionare bitch.
hehe half the female Dubai based posters on here..including the one you are responding to...(kidding)

your wasting your time trying to convince these goons
Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:09 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by commander
hehe half the female Dubai based posters on here..including the one you are responding to...(kidding)

You know in each joke there is a percentage of truth in it! haha
Giving it a shot I guess.. AD is the place to live in. Family point of view or even as a bachelor. Dubai is just fake. And to be honest its full of Russians and prossies anyways... So when going clubbing lately in Dubai can't point out the difference if she's a slut or a decent person anymore...
Old Nov 15th 2009, 6:52 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

Does someone actually hold a gun to your head and tells you to post on BE, day in day out...it must be like meeting up daily with a group of people you dislike...bit like a compulsive disorder?
You may be a 'really nice' person in real life, but I am not dealing with you in real life, just on here and I find you really unpleasant as a poster, as the only thing you seem to be doing is post derogatory remarks about your fellow posters? Oh, and then follow up with 'it's only a joke' or some other backtracking tactic which supposedly makes it all ok...

The ME forum is as good as dead, and if I was a new poster on here I would think twice about posting as well cause it's really not a nice place to be at the moment.

And no...I am not about to get my period, I do still have good sex, I am not bored or looking for a fight, my nail didn't just break, my maid didn't ruin my underwear in the washing, paid too much for some event, have to live of a really bad package where we have to pay for our own electricity etc etc.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The anti-Dubai comments are really very tiresome. Claiming that everyone who lives in Dubai is utterly fake is not only wrong, but insulting and rude, not to mention ignorant.

They are different and you are allowed to have a preference without being wrong.

This place is getting really pathetic again...

-
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems to me that debate and discussion has been reduced to simply throwing the worst insults that come to mind, which in Commander's case usually seems to be calling a woman a prostitue, a PA or fake and when it's a man he is arguing with, he just transfers these insults to their wife/mother/sister instead. The theme rarely varies and is fairly predictable.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
The anti-Dubai comments are really very tiresome. Claiming that everyone who lives in Dubai is utterly fake is not only wrong, but insulting and rude, not to mention ignorant.

They are different and you are allowed to have a preference without being wrong.

-
I took my kids to their fake school this morning, went to do my fake job for a few hours, drove my fake car over some fake roads, will have to buy some fake groceries later in that hugely fake Spinneys, take them back to my fake house, into my fake kitchen and will cook up some fancy fake dinner for my fake husband and kids...need I go on?
Now apparently if I had done those things anywhere else, I guess all this would have been 'real' somehow...

Last edited by MataHari; Nov 15th 2009 at 7:27 am.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I took my kids to their fake school this morning, went to do my fake job for a few hours, drove my fake car over some fake roads, will have to buy some fake groceries later in that hugely fake Spinneys, take them back to my fake house, into my fake kitchen and will cook up some fancy fake dinner for my fake husband and kids...need I go on?
don't forget the fake orgasm
Old Nov 15th 2009, 7:54 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I left that out on purpose...
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I left that out on purpose...
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:24 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

morning ladies.
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:31 am
banned

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
It seems to me that debate and discussion has been reduced to simply throwing the worst insults that come to mind, which in Commander's case usually seems to be calling a woman a prostitue, a PA or fake and when it's a man he is arguing with, he just transfers these insults to their wife/mother/sister instead. The theme rarely varies and is fairly predictable.
your right..

its boring and predictable..

as opposed to calling Tiger a 'complete cock' for simply expressing his opinion?

priceless
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:33 am
banned

Originally Posted by Meow

-
i have family who live in Dubai and have done for a lot of years..they are not fake.

I have lots and lots of friends who live in Dubai, they are not fake.

I used to live in Dubai and had a great time in Dubai and i am not fake.

Go figure
Old Nov 15th 2009, 8:37 am
banned

Does someone actually hold a gun to your head and tells you to post on BE, day in day out...it must be like meeting up daily with a group of people you dislike...bit like a compulsive disorder?
You may be a 'really nice' person in real life, but I am not dealing with you in real life, just on here and I find you really unpleasant as a poster, as the only thing you seem to be doing is post derogatory remarks about your fellow posters? Oh, and then follow up with 'it's only a joke' or some other backtracking tactic which supposedly makes it all ok...

The ME forum is as good as dead, and if I was a new poster on here I would think twice about posting as well cause it's really not a nice place to be at the moment.

And no...I am not about to get my period, I do still have good sex, I am not bored or looking for a fight, my nail didn't just break, my maid didn't ruin my underwear in the washing, paid too much for some event, have to live of a really bad package where we have to pay for our own electricity etc etc.
actually i post here to simply pass the time between meetings etc, i dont care for anyone on here and have no intentions of.

What do you post on here for? to get information about the middle east?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.