Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:58 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
The Burj Al Arab doesn't charge an entrance fee, but you do need to have a booking either for drinks or dinner, which is normal.

I like a nice pie as much as the next person, but it certainly doesn't swing my opinion on AD lol.

I agree that I am suited to Dubai, it's superior to AD in most aspects.
they do, if you just want to go in for a snoop about (they call it a tour)
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they do, if you just want to go in for a snoop about (they call it a tour)
Really? I guess I've never been there without a booking lol.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The Burj Al Arab doesn't charge an entrance fee, but you do need to have a booking either for drinks or dinner, which is normal.

I like a nice pie as much as the next person, but it certainly doesn't swing my opinion on AD lol.

I agree that I am suited to Dubai, it's superior to AD in most aspects.
they do so charge an entrance fee.. Well they dont to me as we have had a car pass for around 4 years..

your last sentance sums you up...brilliantly up your own ass
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishExpat
No, your complaining...What a cheapskate
read my post biggles, i wasnt complaining about it...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

AD are getting more of the big acts due to Dubai's money problems. AD helped Dubai with it's cashflow and in exchange required that most big events are to be held in AD from now on.

To be honest I don't know why anyone would have attended the DSC event this weekend, it sounded like a load of rubbish to me.
I think AD has better venues for the big acts, hence more tickets sold, more money to play with
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I think AD is taking over from Dubai in the popularity stakes, all the big name acts are heading to AD. Dubai Sound City event over the weekend here in Dubai apparently was very poorly attended. I haven't been to Yas Island but am hoping to visit later this month. Is this hotel that is charging 100 to get in the one on the actual track?
Dubai Sound City really was a case of bad timing. I mean who would hold a music festival full of has been bands a week after you have had the likes of Timbaland, Beyonce, JK and Kings of Leon?

In fact scratch that, it wasn't even 'full of hasbeen bands' as half of them had notes from their mum to explain why they couldn't make it.
The guys at New Dawn must be extremely pissed with that.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:05 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by admon
Dubai Sound City really was a case of bad timing. I mean who would hold a music festival full of has been bands a week after you have had the likes of Timbaland, Beyonce, JK and Kings of Leon?

In fact scratch that, it wasn't even 'full of hasbeen bands' as half of them had notes from their mum to explain why they couldn't make it.
The guys at New Dawn must be extremely pissed with that.
it's a shame for the organisers I have to say but it was stupid timing and a shit line up
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:06 am
banned

it's a shame for the organisers I have to say but it was stupid timing and a shit line up
a shit line up made worse by 'last minute' cancellations..

another Dubai balls up...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

AD are getting more of the big acts due to Dubai's money problems. AD helped Dubai with it's cashflow and in exchange required that most big events are to be held in AD from now on.

To be honest I don't know why anyone would have attended the DSC event this weekend, it sounded like a load of rubbish to me.
Gees, Expatwoman gossip is back I see. Are you friends with Busybee?

Bands appearing in AD have nothing to do with some mythical 'event v cashflow' deal.
It has more to do with the fact that Dubai has a 10% tax on ticket sales.

And obviously the AD F1 had a massive budget to create a spectacular for its opening, as well as Beyonce already having an F1 appearance deal.

Don't you just love the people that know sweet FA.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:09 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
a shit line up made worse by 'last minute' cancellations..

another Dubai balls up...
apparently Echo and the Bunnymen refused to come because they wéren't in first class!! total fiasco.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:11 am
banned

Originally Posted by admon
Gees, Expatwoman gossip is back I see. Are you friends with Busybee?

Bands appearing in AD have nothing to do with some mythical 'event v cashflow' deal.
It has more to do with the fact that Dubai has a 10% tax on ticket sales.

And obviously the AD F1 had a massive budget to create a spectacular for its opening, as well as Beyonce already having an F1 appearance deal.

Don't you just love the people that know sweet FA.
she's a PA.....read secretary...of course she knows sweet FA...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:12 am
Concierge

she's a PA.....read secretary...of course she knows sweet FA...
actually she isn't a PA

back to topic, AD has got better venues, hence better acts
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

great pie thread

I'm gonna set up a pie shop on Abu Dhabi's sea front.... Flares' Corniche Pasties

whaddya think?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:13 am
banned

apparently Echo and the Bunnymen refused to come because they wéren't in first class!! total fiasco.
hohohoho but hey..the Killers really wanted to come to Dubai..NOT
Old Nov 8th 2009, 5:14 am
Concierge

hohohoho but hey..the Killers really wanted to come to Dubai..NOT
but Dubai make it hard for themselves, do you know you can't come in and perform on a visit visa? how the hell difficult does that make things!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.