Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Went with the family to the Crowne Plaza on Yas last night for dinner. Are 'al fresco' at 'Stills' the bar on the ground level.

Very nice atmosphere and kid friendly.

Steak and ale pie was nice, however i prefer to not be able to count the amount of chips on 2 hands. 9 chips..WTF

really cool and not toooo overpriced.

Went to the Yas Hotel but they want 100AED upfront even to drive up to the entrance. This is ofcourse deducted from any FnB purchased in the Hotel.

Fair enough, it keeps nosey barstewards like us (the Abu Dhabi clampets) away..

AD is so much better than Dubai on so many levels now.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yas Island Bars and Restaurants

Originally Posted by commander
AD is so much better than Dubai on so many levels now.
Because you had a pie with 9 chips in a CP on a contrete island? Yeah I can see your rationale lol.

AD has nothing that can compete with the Burj al Arab, the Burj Dubai, the Madinat, Al Qasr and the Jumeirah waterfront.

But at least you have all those awful faux English pubs in second rate hotels full of sleazy oil drillers who haven't had a free shag in over a year...
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
But at least you have all those awful faux English pubs in second rate hotels full of sleazy oil drillers who haven't had a free shag in over a year...
York....Jockeys....Rattlesnake.....do you want me to continue...

Full of sleazy financial and PR idiots who havent had a free shag in over a year..
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:37 am
banned

AD has nothing that can compete with the Burj al Arab, the Burj Dubai, the Madinat, Al Qasr and the Jumeirah waterfront.
If you are false, shallow and easily impressed with gimmics..(which i guess you are)
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:38 am
banned

Originally Posted by BritishExpat
I just can't imagine anybody careing about this
strange first post...

Please enlighten me

about what?

it is a post for AD people who may not have been out to Yas Island yet..

toodle on now love
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:44 am
Account Closed

If you are false, shallow and easily impressed with gimmics..(which i guess you are)
Excuse me for not being impressed with a pie and a hotel that charges 100 AED to get through the gate.

The fact that Dubai is still the preferred tourist destination over AD says it all. It simply has more to offer, so how can AD compete on any level?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:48 am
banned

Excuse me for not being impressed with a pie and a hotel that charges 100 AED to get through the gate.

The fact that Dubai is still the preferred tourist destination over AD says it all. It simply has more to offer, so how can AD compete on any level?
how much does the Burj al Arab charge to enter? but your impressed with that?

And are you not impressed with a 'pie' because that is beneath you?

Yes, you are suited to Dubai and everything it stands for and that has gone wrong with the place in the last 3 years (how long have you been here?)

probably less that 3 years..go figure.

Ive lived in both places and prefer Abu Dhabi by a longshot.

AD hotels are usually full, Dubai's are almost empty
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:49 am
banned

Originally Posted by BritishExpat
I agree EE..It's absurd
what is? the Hotel charging 100AED to enter?

i agree BTW but i understand why they do it.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I f**king love pie.
Chicken and mushroom or Beef and kidney.
With creamy potato and deep thick gravy.
Luuurvely.

Abu Dhabi better than Dubai? Who gives one really?
Lets all just eat some pie.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:52 am
banned

Originally Posted by admon
I f**king love pie.
Chicken and mushroom or Beef and kidney.
With creamy potato and deep thick gravy.
Luuurvely.

Abu Dhabi better than Dubai? Who gives one really?
Lets all just eat some pie.
that is sooo common. Luvvies and wannabee's dont eat pies...

it goes straight to thier arse
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:55 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think AD is taking over from Dubai in the popularity stakes, all the big name acts are heading to AD. Dubai Sound City event over the weekend here in Dubai apparently was very poorly attended. I haven't been to Yas Island but am hoping to visit later this month. Is this hotel that is charging 100 to get in the one on the actual track?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:56 am
Account Closed

how much does the Burj al Arab charge to enter? but your impressed with that?
The Burj Al Arab doesn't charge an entrance fee, but you do need to have a booking either for drinks or dinner, which is normal.

I like a nice pie as much as the next person, but it certainly doesn't swing my opinion on AD lol.

I agree that I am suited to Dubai, it's superior to AD in most aspects.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

that is sooo common. Luvvies and wannabee's dont eat pies...

it goes straight to thier arse
One thing I can't understand is Guinness or Steak and Ale pie.
Why spoil a good pint and a pie both at the same time?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think AD is taking over from Dubai in the popularity stakes, all the big name acts are heading to AD. Dubai Sound City event over the weekend here in Dubai apparently was very poorly attended. I haven't been to Yas Island but am hoping to visit later this month. Is this hotel that is charging 100 to get in the one on the actual track?
AD are getting more of the big acts due to Dubai's money problems. AD helped Dubai with it's cashflow and in exchange required that most big events are to be held in AD from now on.

To be honest I don't know why anyone would have attended the DSC event this weekend, it sounded like a load of rubbish to me.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 4:58 am
banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes, the Yas hotel.

I was at the sound city thing on Friday and it was absolutely shoite. Ive been to more gigs at the IV over the years than id care to remember and this was the worst.

there was a big lull in the music (i think its when De la Soul) were meant to be on the stage, and in the eerie silence some women were trying to flog tickets for Saturdays..

Yea right love..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.