British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   WTF Scammer in the mall? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wtf-scammer-mall-590099/)

AnotherWorld Feb 8th 2009 2:50 pm

WTF Scammer in the mall?

So I was in Marina Mall (Abu Dhabi) in Carrefour buying groceries. Rarely shop there. Anyway some dodgy young Nigerian-scam-looking type guy stopped me, inside carrefour, shook my hand, and offered to sell me "my fortune" for 100 dirhams.... I stopped for a moment trying to work out if he was serious then just walked off. He pulled some weird blue semi shiny piece of paper out of an old envelope he was holding which was the "Fortune".

Anyone have any idea what this guy was on about?

benzonar Feb 8th 2009 3:16 pm

Re: WTF Scammer in the mall?

Next time report him to security and he will be arrested for practicing witchcraft.

Bison Feb 8th 2009 3:18 pm

He pulled some weird blue semi shiny piece of paper out of an old envelope he was holding which was the "Fortune".

I've read about that, not good news, I would be careful if I were you sounds like he was cursing you. There is voodoo in the air.

Bison

Confucius Feb 8th 2009 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7263206)
So I was in Marina Mall (Abu Dhabi) in Carrefour buying groceries. Rarely shop there. Anyway some dodgy young Nigerian-scam-looking type guy stopped me, inside carrefour, shook my hand, and offered to sell me "my fortune" for 100 dirhams.... I stopped for a moment trying to work out if he was serious then just walked off. He pulled some weird blue semi shiny piece of paper out of an old envelope he was holding which was the "Fortune".

100dhs to get you thousands...
Best get rich quick scheme...

AnotherWorld Feb 8th 2009 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 7263268)
Next time report him to security and he will be arrested for practicing witchcraft.

Is that a joke or are you semi serious?

Next time i see him I will watch him to see his behaviour. He was just standing there with another nigerian looking guy. Both fairly young. After I left they just continued to wait... for what I dont know.

bimcnorth Feb 8th 2009 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7263313)
Is that a joke or are you semi serious?

Next time i see him I will watch him to see his behaviour. He was just standing there with another nigerian looking guy. Both fairly young. After I left they just continued to wait... for what I dont know.

No joke..you´ll get fined for "witchcraft" in UAE :lol:

Mostly a business in the asian community but anyway.

Shadya Feb 8th 2009 4:16 pm

I told my brother only to target Emiratis:thumbdown:

Eva Feb 8th 2009 4:28 pm

His name's Chaqeel; used to be in Real Estate.
New sales strategy

bimcnorth Feb 8th 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7263570)
His name's Chaqeel; used to be in Real Estate.
New sales strategy

Off-plan futures..? :p

Eva Feb 8th 2009 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by bimcnorth (Post 7263769)
Off-plan futures..? :p

ha- you are on my wavelength Bim.So is IndieG
The future's bright:)