wtf to do in Qatar

Old Mar 25th 2012, 7:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wtf to do in Qatar

I actually had a great weekend in Doha, out on thursday and met a lovely English lass with the morals of an alley cat..........Brunch on friday which was very good, though much more expensive than any in DBX/AD Followed by partying with a group of english teachers friday night. Sure it cost a fortune but if you want to get out meet people and have fun it is available here....

If you dont drink on the other hand or are here purely to save every last riyal there is ***** all to do...........
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I actually had a great weekend in Doha, out on thursday and met a lovely English lass with the morals of an alley cat..........Brunch on friday which was very good, though much more expensive than any in DBX/AD Followed by partying with a group of english teachers friday night. Sure it cost a fortune but if you want to get out meet people and have fun it is available here....

If you dont drink on the other hand or are here purely to save every last riyal there is ***** all to do...........
Good to hear mate , i knew you wouldn't go hungry i had upmost faith in your ability .

Yes it does cost you but you just don't have a choice if you fancy a blow out

I'm acutually getting to like this place , i'll be making cupcakes and joing the Doha Players next !!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:36 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Good to hear mate , i knew you wouldn't go hungry i had upmost faith in your ability .

Yes it does cost you but you just don't have a choice if you fancy a blow out

I'm acutually getting to like this place , i'll be making cupcakes and joing the Doha Players next !!!!!
You've changed...........!

Atleast with Doha you know it can only get better, and thank you for the faith in me, After 3 weeks I was starting to doubt my rather mediocre abilities.

Seems very average dancing ability coupled with donating a few bacardi breezers works anywhere..........
Old Mar 25th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

You've changed...........!

Atleast with Doha you know it can only get better, and thank you for the faith in me, After 3 weeks I was starting to doubt my rather mediocre abilities.

Seems very average dancing ability coupled with donating a few bacardi breezers works anywhere..........
I haven't changed that much mate i'm just a cynical bast**d . I did exactly what you did when i got here , i've done every brunch , bar , restaurant and mall and there was far less a few years ago .

Of course there's enough to keep you from going insane here , if there wasn't i'd be off .
The work is here for me so it's a no brainer , i just use Qatar as a vehicle to fund my life just as my Qatari sponsor uses my services to fund his.

I'm happy with that business arrangement.....
Old Mar 25th 2012, 2:15 pm
Shark Fisherman

I haven't changed that much mate i'm just a cynical bast**d . I did exactly what you did when i got here , i've done every brunch , bar , restaurant and mall and there was far less a few years ago .

Of course there's enough to keep you from going insane here , if there wasn't i'd be off .
The work is here for me so it's a no brainer , i just use Qatar as a vehicle to fund my life just as my Qatari sponsor uses my services to fund his.

I'm happy with that business arrangement.....
I am still searching for the elusive pint of Strongbow though. 50 Riyal bottles of magners makes Abu Dhabi's 32 dirhams look excellent value.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Doha is a lot different to Bahrain in many ways believe you me . Maybe the fat blokes with the purple noses and the phones on the belt are in both places but thats about it .

Don't take yourself too seriously lad
I am getting ****ed off with being singled out here. can we pick on someone else besides fat blokes with purple noses in the Brit club with phones on their belt. Where else are you supposed to put your phone ? In between a roll of fat or do you get your Flipper ho to carry it about on your behalf
Old Mar 28th 2012, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

WTF to do in Qatar?
For me the best was to go to watch (in 07) the filipinas do their thang in the pyramid shaped hotel the Sheraton...and get plastered on heinekens. There was invariably a Saudi or Qatari dressed in western attire doing some funny cabaret antiques in front of the band, only to be removed by the security guards later on...

Or going to the QUBE and then after getting drunk having huge wimpy burgers...

Qatar growns on you...
Old Mar 28th 2012, 6:50 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Debowing
WTF to do in Qatar?
For me the best was to go to watch (in 07) the filipinas do their thang in the pyramid shaped hotel the Sheraton...and get plastered on heinekens. There was invariably a Saudi or Qatari dressed in western attire doing some funny cabaret antiques in front of the band, only to be removed by the security guards later on...

Or going to the QUBE and then after getting drunk having huge wimpy burgers...

Qatar growns on you...
Those Burgers at the Ramada are now Dairy Maid, Quite possibly the best burgers in Doha..........
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:05 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I quite liked Fuddruckers.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Those Burgers at the Ramada are now Dairy Maid, Quite possibly the best burgers in Doha..........
I'm a Johnny Rockets man myself
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:36 am
Shark Fisherman

I'm a Johnny Rockets man myself
I am not aware of these yet! Though unless its on my walking route home at 1am I am destined to never try one...........Ramada to Dairy Maid is 3-4 Minutes depending on my walking capabilities, Dairy Maid to home is precisely one double cheeseburger and half a cigarette. Perfect.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

I am not aware of these yet! Though unless its on my walking route home at 1am I am destined to never try one...........Ramada to Dairy Maid is 3-4 Minutes depending on my walking capabilities, Dairy Maid to home is precisely one double cheeseburger and half a cigarette. Perfect.
Cross the road from Dairy Queen mate and head up towards the Salwa Road past Caravan , Johnny Rockets is on the left 5mins only
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:50 am
Shark Fisherman

Talking about food, Have you been to the british cafe before?? Does fry ups (Turkey Bacon, Beef Sausages) smells like an English greasy spoon and tastes quite like one.
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking about food, Have you been to the british cafe before?? Does fry ups (Turkey Bacon, Beef Sausages) smells like an English greasy spoon and tastes quite like one.
Yes mate it's quite good actually , it's not far from the airport so it can be handy for a decent sandwich .
Old Mar 28th 2012, 7:58 am
Shark Fisherman

I was really surprised, Its a 5 minute walk for me from work. Though I also have to pass Papa Johns pizza and McDonalds to get there which is half the price.........

Now I'm starting to feel hungry.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.