WTF!!!

Old Jul 12th 2016, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default WTF!!!

As if things couldn't get any worse in the UK, f*king Theresa May is going to become the new PM.....once again WTF have you 'outers' done to England!
Old Jul 12th 2016, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF!!!

Originally Posted by mission
As if things couldn't get any worse in the UK, f*king Theresa May is going to become the new PM.....once again WTF have you 'outers' done to England!
Not to be confused with Teresa May (interesting things for sale on her website WTF!)

Personally, I think she's perfect. Enough of this celebrity-type politics that Cameron and Bliar loved so much.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 12th 2016 at 10:38 am.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 11:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I just wonder when they'll call a general election.

Part of me thinks it could be quick, but thne that delays exiting the EU.
Could be for a while but then she'll need to be successful in the talks around brexit or half the population won't vote to keep her at general election.

IN fact, **** it. She can refuse to leave, stay in Europe, call everyone a ****, finger bang a horse at PM's questions, shit in her hand and slap the Queen and still be the better option next to Comrade Corbyn.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 11:04 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a good thing...she seems to be level-headed and calm, just what is needed right now.

As for another election, the only party that could theoretically compete are Labour, and they are imploding.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Theresa May is a highly competent politician. She does have challenges ahead of her but I think she will handle them well. I wouldn't be surprised if she lasts ten years as PM. She won't be someone people lionise and demonise (like Blair and Thatcher) but someone who does the job that needs to be done and the sentiment is that is exactly what the larger majority in the UK want from their PM right now. That is, those people who don't exist in the Islington/university bubbles with their minor pet causes taking precedence over competence and national stability.

So why don't you like her?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 11:19 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Because shes female and a remain voter, therefore everything mission stands for?

Ie, she has nothing else to moan about?
Old Jul 12th 2016, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
voted for the Iraq war
voted for reduction in disability benefit
voted to reduce welfare benefit
voted against increasing tax for incomes over £150k (she earns over that)
voted against a bankers bonus tax
voted for restricting trade union activity
voted to increase tuition fees
voted to restrict legal aid
voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by agents
voted for the EU referendum to be held

to name but a few
Old Jul 12th 2016, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

We can pull out a selective list of votes of any politicians to 'prove' a point. But it only shows how easy it is to make judgemental calls without understanding any of the context for the votes and such lists make it very easy to ignore the hundreds if not thousands of other votes that you might approve of.

End of the day, she's a Tory and you're not and that's all that really matters, isn't it

voted for the Iraq war
voted for reduction in disability benefit
voted to reduce welfare benefit
voted against increasing tax for incomes over £150k (she earns over that)
voted against a bankers bonus tax
voted for restricting trade union activity
voted to increase tuition fees
voted to restrict legal aid
voted against restrictions on fees charged to tenants by agents
voted for the EU referendum to be held

to name but a few
Old Jul 12th 2016, 2:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I just wonder when they'll call a general election.

Can't happen till 2020, that was set in stone by the last government, so it would need a change in the law to have one earlier. The only way is if the Government lose a 'no confidence' motion.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me and a lack of any vacation for 3 months but old Tess May looks "fit"

She is the best of a bad bunch - personally i would have had preffered my old mucker - BoJo !
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Is it me and a lack of any vacation for 3 months but old Tess May looks "fit"

She is the best of a bad bunch - personally i would have had preffered my old mucker - BoJo !
BoJo would have been the very worst thing to have ever happened to Britain.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Can't happen till 2020, that was set in stone by the last government, so it would need a change in the law to have one earlier. The only way is if the Government lose a 'no confidence' motion.
Interesting. So there's an woman in charge as of this afternoon who wasn't elected so is really a bit of a puppet just pulling the strings of the party promises made at the last election?
Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. So there's an woman in charge as of this afternoon who wasn't elected so is really a bit of a puppet just pulling the strings of the party promises made at the last election?
... don't sound like this hasn't happened before. There is a long history of unelected PMs: Brown, Major, Churchill to name a few.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
... don't sound like this hasn't happened before. There is a long history of unelected PMs: Brown, Major, Churchill to name a few.
Obviously only Brown in my semi-adult life. I just can't remember what happened with him.

Was only asking...
Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Obviously only Brown in my semi-adult life. I just can't remember what happened with him.

Was only asking...
He totally ****ed up the country and thankfully got booted out before anyone let him ruin it for good.

I remember Major - that was a brutal event. In general, the unelected ones struggle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.