British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Is it wrong to cry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wrong-cry-604345/)

Squirty Cream Apr 19th 2009 7:27 pm

Is it wrong to cry

....at the end of a sad film?

Just watched 'Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' - me and Tattoo Girl sobbed our hearts out and Mr Sinky had a go at us :frown:

Don't men ever cry at sad films then?

The Dean Apr 19th 2009 7:42 pm

Re: Is it wrong to cry

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7493983)

Just watched 'Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' - me and Tattoo Girl sobbed our hearts out and Mr Sinky had a go at us :frown:

Oh God don't get me started...............

Field of Dreams........... right at the end, when he meets his dad.......... Niagara Falls job.

The Dean Apr 19th 2009 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7494014)

Field of Dreams........... right at the end, when he meets his dad.......... Niagara Falls job.

........... and by an amazing coincidence, Sky News has just announced the death of JG Ballard, author of 'Empire Of The Sun', which even the commercially-obsessed Steven Spielberg couldn't ruin.

Christian Bale was stunning as the boy ('Jim'), and I cried at the bit where he salutes the kamikaze pilots who are being honoured just before they take off. Stunning........... must be a You Tube link for that.................

Squirty Cream Apr 19th 2009 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7494014)

Was the film really sad though or was it because that struck a chord with you?

I'll tell Mr Sinky then that men do cry at sad films. I know his grandad used to get all emotional over Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons and my brothers used to tease him rotten. Perhaps Mr Sinky is just too young to be man enough to cry.

StublueKPL Apr 19th 2009 8:14 pm

THE FOOTBALL FACTORY.

I couldnt stop crying when chelsea go "done" by millwall in that movie.

A travesty if ever there was one....

BangleMan Apr 19th 2009 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7493983)

I cried when Steven Gerrard scored an injury time equaliser in the 2006 FA Cup Final ....

The Dean Apr 19th 2009 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream (Post 7494026)
Was the film really sad though or was it because that struck a chord with you?

I'll tell Mr Sinky then that men do cry at sad films. I know his grandad used to get all emotional over Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons and my brothers used to tease him rotten. Perhaps Mr Sinky is just too young to be man enough to cry.

Wasn't sad as such............ more like tears of joy............... the ending was somewhat unexpected.

commander Apr 20th 2009 1:43 am

Real men cry....FACT.

I've sat onboard a warship with a mixture of sailors, bootnecks and shakyboats watching movies only to see some of the UKSF's finest bubbling away to forest gump...

If you don't cry then your a breakdown waiting to happen.

Let it out fella's.

I openly admit to bubbling when tom hanks was vitteled at the end of saving private ryan...

And also when that cow daniella got malleted by janine butcher in eastenders and died in her mums arms....boy there wasn't a dry eye in the commanders house that night.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 4:51 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7494565)
Real men cry....FACT.

I've sat onboard a warship with a mixture of sailors, bootnecks and shakyboats watching movies only to see some of the UKSF's finest bubbling away to forest gump...

If you don't cry then your a breakdown waiting to happen.

Let it out fella's.

I openly admit to bubbling when tom hanks was vitteled at the end of saving private ryan...

And also when that cow daniella got malleted by janine butcher in eastenders and died in her mums arms....boy there wasn't a dry eye in the commanders house that night.

when did that happen in EE? recently?

MataHari Apr 20th 2009 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7494771)
when did that happen in EE? recently?

last week...one of the most stupid story lines ever...glad she is dead

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 4:57 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7494777)
last week...one of the most stupid story lines ever...glad she is dead

Daniella the young blonde lass who is Ronnie's daughter? I keep forgetting to watch it, so what was that all about then? Janine has murdered before, back to jail for her it is :)

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7494780)
Daniella the young blonde lass who is Ronnie's daughter? I keep forgetting to watch it, so what was that all about then? Janine has murdered before, back to jail for her it is :)

SHe ran her over by accident. I hadn't seen EE for years, now that its on showtime i have started watching it again, its weird tho how you can just get back into story line with EE.

Lol my son says its the most depressing show ever.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7495014)
SHe ran her over by accident. I hadn't seen EE for years, now that its on showtime i have started watching it again, its weird tho how you can just get back into story line with EE.

Lol my son says its the most depressing show ever.

it's on at 2 pm today, going to tape it watch it later. It is depressing though :huh:

commander Apr 20th 2009 8:31 am

****, ive inadvertently started a ****ing eastenders thread...

BangleMan Apr 20th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7495276)
****, ive inadvertently started a ****ing eastenders thread...

one of the many things you have to answer for mate !