Writing an eBook

Old Sep 4th 2012, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Writing an eBook

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I'm also interested in the time it took. Obviously, writing the thing in the first place is very individual, but once you had it written (presumably in Word), how much faffing around was there to get it actually uploaded and available for punters to buy?
I've done several. Formatting and uploading an e-book takes about an hour, a print version maybe three hours. That's not including making a decent cover, which can take much longer.

Amazon require you to make at least $100 (or, I believe, 100 pounds or euros) before they'll pay out, and amazon.com keep 30% of the money to hand to the IRS unless you can prove you're resident in a country with a tax treaty with America.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:09 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

And be careful what you choose to write about. If you write about yourself you are inviting personal criticism that can be quite brutal at times.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Bahtatboy writes a damned good book! All of his future titles are bound to be bestsellers, and the most beautiful, articulate and soul-touching...er...things you'll ever read. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sincerely, Bahtatboy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...als-works.html
Every utho you've never heard of is moaning about fake reviews here.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/l...t-reviews.html

I didn't even know I hadn't heard of some of those signatories...........