Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Would you route for me?

Would you route for me?

Old Aug 24th 2016, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Big_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the roughBig_Show is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Would you route for me?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Errr.... like us then, I guess.
I suppose the difference is he'll have already been paying taxes on his earnings in the US...

There's a bit off difference between retiring from the track next year and retiring from racing. He's still got plenty of longer-distance races in him, I'd be amazed if he called it a day completely in 2017.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:04 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_Show
I suppose the difference is he'll have already been paying taxes on his earnings in the US...

There's a bit off difference between retiring from the track next year and retiring from racing. He's still got plenty of longer-distance races in him, I'd be amazed if he called it a day completely in 2017.
Pay your taxes MO!!

Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iggle
Pay your taxes MO!!
Do we know he doesn't?

Do you pay taxes in the UK? Maybe you should be stripped of your citizenship.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:42 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Do we know he doesn't?

Do you pay taxes in the UK? Maybe you should be stripped of your citizenship.
I do a tax return every year on my UK earnings
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I do a tax return every year on my UK earnings
I would imagine that he does too. And pays roughly a similar amount of tax.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Errr.... like us then, I guess.
Or like many British / Irish golfers who reside in the UK but play for Europe in the Ryder Cup etc...
Old Aug 24th 2016, 7:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Scamp
Or like many British / Irish golfers who reside in the UK but play for Europe in the Ryder Cup etc...
Britain is in Europe. We left a political union not the continent
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get what your beef is IGGLY.....so what if he isn't 'British enough' for you.....the dude has a British passport and hence represents Britain....who gives a flying ***** whether his heritage comes from a line of english/british nobs.

I recently spent 2 weeks in the UK (longest I have spent in the last 9 years that I have been here) and I have to say I absolutely loved the fact that London is so diversified in terms of people of different ethnicities/origins/races/religions etc
Being 'British' is so frigging overrated.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by mission
I don't get what your beef is IGGLY.....so what if he isn't 'British enough' for you.....the dude has a British passport and hence represents Britain....who gives a flying ***** whether his heritage comes from a line of english/british nobs.
His passport was bought.

Originally Posted by mission
I recently spent 2 weeks in the UK (longest I have spent in the last 9 years that I have been here) and I have to say I absolutely loved the fact that London is so diversified in terms of people of different ethnicities/origins/races/religions etc
Being 'British' is so frigging overrated.
Have you been to Leicester/Bradford/Luton?
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

But America where they live isn't.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Incorrect. Britain is completely outside of continental Europe and always has been since the last ice age.

His passport was bought.
Nopes. His British citizenship application was processed correctly and within the law and then he applied for his UK passport as was his right . The reason for that is that he is British.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Incorrect. Britain is completely outside of continental Europe and always has been since the last ice age.
Don't worry...it's more hassle than it's worth having to repeat yourself slowly.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Scamp
Don't worry...it's more hassle than it's worth having to repeat yourself slowly.
Perhaps block capitals or spaces between each letter might do it.
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:23 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said this is a very silly argument. If we were talking about a dole bludger there may be some sympathy with the point.

But Mo is a great ambassador for Great Britain, even if he did buy a passport(which I don't believe is the case), he has repaid that 10 fold with his sporting achievements and philanthropy.

And the question should be asked.........what has iggle ever done for us.....or anyone?
Old Aug 25th 2016, 3:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dumbo
As others have said this is a very silly argument. If we were talking about a dole bludger there may be some sympathy with the point.

But Mo is a great ambassador for Great Britain, even if he did buy a passport(which I don't believe is the case), he has repaid that 10 fold with his sporting achievements and philanthropy.

And the question should be asked.........what has iggle ever done for us.....or anyone?
You've just made that up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.