`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Would you route for me?

Originally Posted by iggle
But he is not British

Prove that.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 5:25 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Prove that.
He was born in Somalia. Fact
He family are Somalian. Fact
He's genes and ancestry is African. Fact
He came here without speaking a word of English. Fact
He came here at the age of 8. Fact
His father was a British Resident, not a British citizen. Fact.
His father Grandmother came to UK, as a refugee not as British Citizen, then moved back to Somalia, so did the father. Fact.

The only thing you have on me is that his father was born in London, which there is no evidence to prove thats the case. In truth Mo had sports benefactors to pay large legal fees to get a passport. If his father was a British passport holder and citizen that would not be the case, it would of been 60quid at the post office.

This whole thing stinks of a bought passport.

Last edited by iggle; Aug 17th 2016 at 5:33 am.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 8:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. So if you'd moved to a country aged 8 and lived there for decades, it had been the only place you'd ever really known, you'd gone to school there, married a citizen of that country and had kids that were born there, and became a citizen of that country, are you really telling me you wouldn't identify with it? If so I find that rather sad.

My boss was born in the US but moved to the UK aged 7 and has lived here ever since (and is a UK citizen) - she wouldn't go back to the US if you paid her, she has barely any recollection of her time there and completely identifies herself as British, and not American, despite having US citizenship. I can't see why Mo Farah would be any different.

Mo Farah is a Brit, nobody paid 'large legal fees' for him to get a passport, they simply paid the standard application fee for him as his family couldn't afford to. He was perfectly entitled to that passport, nothing suspicious about it.

I'm with BEVS, your 'stinky swipe' (good words BEVS!) at MF are really rather unpleasant.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 6:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Back to my original point. If my child is born in UAE, its not Emriati. It's British, culturally, historically and genealogically.

Mo Dad - Heritage Somalian, but "born - don't believe it for a second" in UK. Lived in.....Somalia
Mo Mum - Born and lived in...Somalia
Mo - Born and lived in Somalia (Now lives in USA so he doesn't pay taxes. So British of him)
Mo Brother - Born in Somalia
Mo Genes Somalian

Mo is not British. And thats not me saying he's not a superior athlete, i think he's a fantastic athlete, one of the best. But he's not British.
If you ever reproduce with a Russian hostie and have your kid here until age 8 then I'd argue that kid isn't very British at all.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
If you ever reproduce with a Russian hostie and have your kid here until age 8 then I'd argue that kid isn't very British at all.
It's unlikely that Boris or Vladamir are capable of having kids.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 7:17 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Mate, anyone can wave a flag. I would to if a numpty of a country let me in, gave me free education, free healthcare for something i am not entitled to.

As Ive said multiply times, i think Mo is a great athlete, but he is not British.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Mate, anyone can wave a flag. I would to if a numpty of a country let me in, gave me free education, free healthcare for something i am not entitled to.

As Ive said multiply times, i think Mo is a great athlete, but he is not British.
'Britons' are a product of centuries of the empire. Like you've said, look at the rugby and cricket teams. It is what it is.

Anyway, as you avoided it, I'm assuming your future 8yr old Russian / Brit born in Abu Dhabi wouldn't be a Brit in your eyes....so you must have something else against Mo Farah in particular?
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The term "Briton" is a social construct.

English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish are ethnic groups.

Mo is accepted as British. End of story.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 8:22 am
Banned

'Britons' are a product of centuries of the empire. Like you've said, look at the rugby and cricket teams. It is what it is.

Anyway, as you avoided it, I'm assuming your future 8yr old Russian / Brit born in Abu Dhabi wouldn't be a Brit in your eyes....so you must have something else against Mo Farah in particular?
Didn't avoid the questions as it's a stupid question. Maybe to much castle and dumb your brain.

a) My partner is an EU passport holder, but also British resident. Whatever the status of Brexit the baby would be flown into Sunny England to be born.

b) The baby would be raised by a British citizen, with British education, by the age of 8 s/he will be fluent in his/her mother tongue that is English, not educated by some zulus

c) I just find find Mo extremely arrogant and abit of a knob. I hate his M celebrations and I really hate his quorn adverts. If your going along the route of racism you'll find no bigger supporter than myself for players in different sports for the England teams such as Maro Itoje, Brendan Galloway and your argument will gone even further south as i love American Football and idolise players who are clearly black. If you're hinting that i dislike him due to his religion i live and work in an Islamic country. Its my fundamental belief that he has bought his passport, therefore my core principles won't support him or call him the greatest British athlete because he is not British.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Didn't avoid the questions as it's a stupid question. Maybe to much castle and dumb your brain.

a) My partner is an EU passport holder, but also British resident. Whatever the status of Brexit the baby would be flown into Sunny England to be born.

b) The baby would be raised by a British citizen, with British education, by the age of 8 s/he will be fluent in his/her mother tongue that is English, not educated by some zulus

c) I just find find Mo extremely arrogant and abit of a knob. I hate his M celebrations and I really hate his quorn adverts. If your going along the route of racism you'll find no bigger supporter than myself for players in different sports for the England teams such as Maro Itoje, Brendan Galloway and your argument will gone even further south as i love American Football and idolise players who are clearly black. If you're hinting that i dislike him due to his religion i live and work in an Islamic country. Its my fundamental belief that he has bought his passport, therefore my core principles won't support him or call him the greatest British athlete because he is not British.
OK, calm down. I made no such assertions as to why you don't like Mo Farah, merely asked why him in particular. So it's because you think he's arrogant and you don't like his adverts. I don't know about the arrogance bit, but I agree, those adverts are utterly hateful and Quorn is basically dog shit.

It wasn't a stupid question either. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it stupid. Let's hope you have a baby in summer because we both know England isn't sunny
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:38 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about the fluent bit.
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Igs, why do you have such a hard-on for Farah ?

Did one of your paid for friends call out his name while you were doing your 90 second shuffle ?

Covered in the other thread. ....

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 21st 2016 at 9:04 pm. Reason: quote fix
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

.. i love .. players who are clearly black. ..
Perhaps its a case of once you go black you never go back ??

(Its a very slow day/week for markets !!)
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:35 am
Banned

Have no fear with Mo retiring, we can just get this guy to replace him. Thats how it works right?

Ethiopian runner makes protest sign as he crosses line in Rio - BBC News
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

a good way to guarantee an asylum claim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.