Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you let your maid use your pool?

It isnt people like cherrypie who have *****ed this place up at all. It may be some of you who have no idea how to correctly handle domestics.

The question posed by cherrypie was quite right and proper.

NO your domestic doesnt use your pool. Neither does the garden boy. They are not part of your family, they are your employees full stop.

Next you will be buying them frocks and hats to join you in the photos at the Dubai cup.

If you dont know how to handle a domestic then dont mask that with wishy washy ideals of social equality to make yourselves feel better about employing someone to do all the crap that you are too bone idle to do yourself. Speak to one of the Saffers in Dubai if you want to know the etiquette of managing domestics

And as for the comment about sending CP back to Asda. Just who on Gods earth do you think you are coming out with a comment like that ? Dubai is not an aristocrats retreat like the Kenyan highlands being invaded with people of lesser social standing in the 1920's.

Dubai is nothing more than a very tackily dressed up working mens club with excessive and unnecessary opulence in the place of taste :curse:
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:46 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
And as for the comment about sending CP back to Asda. Just who on Gods earth do you think you are coming out with a comment like that ? :curse:
i dont live on Gods earth..but thanks for that.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
i dont live on Gods earth..but thanks for that.
Allah's earth?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:50 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

It isnt people like cherrypie who have *****ed this place up at all. It may be some of you who have no idea how to correctly handle domestics.

NO your domestic doesnt use your pool. Neither does the garden boy. They are not part of your family, they are your employees full stop.

Next you will be buying them frocks and hats to join you in the photos at the Dubai cup.

If you dont know how to handle a domestic then dont mask that with wishy washy ideals of social equality to make yourselves feel better about employing someone to do all the crap that you are too bone idle to do yourself. Speak to one of the Saffers in Dubai if you want to know the etiquette of managing domestics

And as for the comment about sending CP back to Asda. Just who on Gods earth do you think you are coming out with a comment like that ? Dubai is not an aristocrats retreat like the Kenyan highlands being invaded with people of lesser social standing in the 1920's.

Dubai is nothing more than a very tackily dressed up working mens club with excessive and unnecessary opulence in the place of taste :curse:
Is there a 'How to handle Domestics for Dummies' book then ?....

Etiquette ? You make them sound like a fcking knife and fork and how to eat properly.

Garden Boy....presumably he is a grown man, so why call him 'boy'.....

These people although they may be doing lowly paid jobs or the jobs we, as you say, are too bone idle to do, are someone's father, mother, son etc, and I for one would give them respect simply for that alone and because they are another human being

I would talk to the maid / gardener / car washer, the same as I would a CEO of a company, and people with your attitude make me fcking sick....who do you think you are you twat !
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Allah's earth?
shhh tongue-in-cheek remarks are lost on our ticktockalosh
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Is there a 'How to handle Domestics for Dummies' book then ?....

Etiquette ? You make them sound like a fcking knife and fork and how to eat properly.

Garden Boy....presumably he is a grown man, so why call him 'boy'.....

These people although they may be doing lowly paid jobs or the jobs we, as you say, are too bone idle to do, are someone's father, mother, son etc, and I for one would give them respect simply for that alone and because they are another human being

I would talk to the maid / gardener / car washer, the same as I would a CEO of a company, and people with your attitude make me fcking sick....who do you think you are you twat !

karma sent, I think he is South African and they don't really have much respect for their 'staff'.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:53 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
karma sent, I think he is South African and they don't really have much respect for their 'staff'.
South African.....that says it all then
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:55 am
banned

Originally Posted by BangleMan
South African.....that says it all then
yup, most ignorant racists i have ever met..

complete arseholes..
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:02 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
yup, most ignorant racists i have ever met..

complete arseholes..
Always reminds me of the Spitting Image song....lol

I've travelled this old world of ours from Barnsley to Peru
I've had sunshine in the arctic and a swim in Tinbuktu
I've seen unicorns in Burma and a Yetti in Nepal
And I've danced with ten foot pygmies in a Montezuma hall
I've met the King of China and a working Yorkshire miner
But I've never met a nice South African.

No he's never met a nice South African
And that's not bloody surprising man
'Cause we're a bunch of arrogant b***tards
Who hate black people

I once got served in Woolies aften less than four week's wait
I had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late
I know a public swimming bath where they don't piss in the pool
I know a guy who got a job straight after leaving school
I've met a normal merman and a fairly modest German

'Cause we're a bunch of talentless murderers
Who smell like baboons

I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind
That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind
I got directory enquiries after less than forty rings
I've even heard a decent song by Paul McCartney's Wings
I've seen a flying pig in a quite convincing wig

'Cause we're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths
With no sense of humour - ha ha

I've met the Loch Ness monster and he looks like Fred Astaire
At the BBC in London he's the chief commissionaire
I know a place in Glasgow which is rife with daffodillies
I met a man in Katmandu who claimed to have two willies
I've had a nice pot noodle but I've never had a poodle
And I've never met a nice South African.

Because we've never met one either
Except for Breyten Breytenbach and he's emigrated to Paris. (farts)

Yes he's quite a nice South African
And he's hardly ever killed anyone
And he's not smelly at all.
That's why they put him prison.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I have met one or two nice South Africans but definitely no more than two.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:09 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
I have met one or two nice South Africans but definitely no more than two.
Im a total hypocrite though, as I have worked for a South African company for the past 12 years....lol
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

So a maid or domestique can look after and handle your children and your shirts but not have a little swim in your pool - I have seen soo many people out and about here with their Maids and if you have a nanny/maid then surely if they are looking after your kids you would want to aborbe them into part of your family bubble to a large extent, non? Or shout loudy at them in Afrikaans and lock them in their room until they have to rise and make your breakfast??

Crickey when i ask a Saffa how to handle people I will be at the end of the road to civilisation!!!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

And after that bit... you sir, are a ****ing ****. Now why dont you go back inside and give Blacky a backhand for mumbling too much in Zulu.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

bangleman,
lmfao, its amazing how the internet enables you to use words like twat that you wouldnt dare say to my face you spineless wanker and I would say that to your face.
Have come across plenty of spineless no lifes like you in my time and sadly will no doubt will come across more as the net proliferates.
No idea where you get the idea I am South African as I would rather be born a cockney than a saffer.
Born in Cheshire for the record but lived in Southern not South Africa.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Born in Cheshire for the record but lived in Southern not South Africa.
So it just rubbed off on you eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.