Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

martin-f will become famous soon enoughmartin-f will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Would you let your maid use your pool?

of course you should here's my maid

Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:31 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
FFS
ditto
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:37 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherrypie1
General question, no right or wrong answer, just looking for an opinion. She hasn't asked yet but I'm interested to know whether this is deemed acceptable or not, sort of in the same category as does she eat dinner with you I suppose? Feedback greatly appreciated, thanks
can she use the iron in the water ?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Cherrypie...

http://www.expatstuckupsnottycowwome...getabloodygrip

I bet you are the benchmark of a Jumeirah Jane...People like you are what has screwed Dubai up. Go back to Asda's love.

i have a question,

Can I let my maid sit on my sofa when she is not working, or does she need to stay in the cupboard under the stairs?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

General question, no right or wrong answer, just looking for an opinion. She hasn't asked yet but I'm interested to know whether this is deemed acceptable or not, sort of in the same category as does she eat dinner with you I suppose? Feedback greatly appreciated, thanks
We had a maid for around two years when my son was smaller just to help with the housework etc and whilst we didn't have a pool we took her to Wild Wadi a number of times with my son and she was with us around half the time we went to the mall or park with the little man...she was more a family friend or helper than maid really.

That said my son is half-Filipino so the maid in question was a family friend from back in the Philippines and we had no issues with her. I don't think I could hire someone we don't know or who doesn't come with a personal reference.

N.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:39 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

what would be a reason not to...

you say 'she hasn't asked yet', hey maybe you can be proactive and actually tell her she can go in if she wants to...
you trust her with all your stuff around the house, maybe even let her take care of your kids...yet you are not sure if you will let her use your pool...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:52 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the answers have made my day, they are so funny, is the OP asking the question seriously though? Feel like starting a thread "Would you let the your maid"...............eat in the same room...............eat at the same time as you...................watch the TV............listen to your music................use the same bathroom as the family................have a coffee with you when you take her to carry the shopping....................shag your husband when you can't be bothered....................use the same crockery.................have a lie in on her days off....................come in after 10pm
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
I have violently drowned various maids on their assumption that they may use my little puddle of water in the past; until their writhing soulds have succumbed to the demise of their physical bodies and I have felt their final death throes, the final minutes of muscle spasms that come with brain tissue death.
How dare they, how dare they.

I agree also, expatwoman will generate around 400 more pages of technical, social, criminal, legal and Arab culture discussion on this topic than this board will.
She is probably banned from that board.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:09 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

As I said before, to see different opinions. Never had a maid before, don't know what is the norm!
Is there such a thing as "the Norm" other than the one that posts on here, surely it is what you and/or your family are happy with. Why follow the pack?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:11 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin-f
of course you should here's my maid

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/...mming_pool.jpg
Not sure whats more shocking, the fact you have a maid in Sheffield or that there is someone up there who is actually employed !
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:11 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by rowell
Is there such a thing as "the Norm" other than the one that posts on here, surely it is what you and/or your family are happy with. Why follow the pack?
maybe she's a dog ?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:13 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
maybe she's a dog ?
you've seen her?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:15 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by commander
you've seen her?
I wouldnt know...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:24 am
banned

Originally Posted by BangleMan
I wouldnt know...
fake tan, false tits and a leather puss like a well skelped arse..

you know the type, usually found at the Lime Tree Cafe
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by commander
fake tan, false tits and a leather puss like a well skelped arse..

you know the type, usually found at the Lime Tree Cafe
LOL you have your finger on the pulse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.