Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Would you let your maid use your pool?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you let your maid use your pool?

Originally Posted by cherrypie1
General question, no right or wrong answer, just looking for an opinion. She hasn't asked yet but I'm interested to know whether this is deemed acceptable or not, sort of in the same category as does she eat dinner with you I suppose? Feedback greatly appreciated, thanks
I had a Sri Lankan friend and we went to the swimming pool at the oil company in Auh where my ex used to work. The security came up and told me that I wasn't 'allowed to let my maid use the pool'. I told him where to get off, it was horrendously humiliating for me and my friend.

I'd let my maid use my pool in her spare time (if I had one), can't see a problem with that.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

People good money to get a pool, why should the made get in for free and get paid for it???
Like getting paid to shag women...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius
People good money to get a pool, why should the made get in for free and get paid for it???
Like getting paid to shag women...
Maybe start a charging system, deduct it from her wages when she uses the pool...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
Maybe start a charging system, deduct it from her wages when she uses the pool...
Of course...After all, fair is fair...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

At first I would have said it had to be a straightforward yes BUT then I thought about poor old Michael Barrymore. He let someone use his pool years ago and he still hasn't heard the last of it .
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Confucius
Of course...After all, fair is fair...
Exactly and introduce a tiered system, when she isn't working (although I would make sure you have her on a 24 hour contract), charge her extra for the privilege... A bit like the gym, those pool repayments will be made in no time...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

General question, no right or wrong answer, just looking for an opinion. She hasn't asked yet but I'm interested to know whether this is deemed acceptable or not, sort of in the same category as does she eat dinner with you I suppose? Feedback greatly appreciated, thanks
Excuse me...since when have maids time to use the pool???
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Can a moderator move this question to the Expat Women site?
Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by klaus3974
Can a moderator move this question to the Expat Women site?
Thanks.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
oh dear, who was talking about people with no home to go to, lol...

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I used to love cherrypie and custard, till I read this toffy nosed pile of shit, now I am back on the lemon meringue pie forever.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

oooo, as I said, simple question, just looking for opinions. Never said maids weren't human BC, I treat mine with the utmost respect, just wondering what other people do.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Never said maids weren't human BC, I treat mine with the utmost respect
then i don't see why you would even ask the question...

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

oooo, as I said, simple question, just looking for opinions. Never said maids weren't human BC, I treat mine with the utmost respect, just wondering what other people do.
It`s not that simple if you have to ask it, show her the thread for a proper answer.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
I used to love cherrypie and custard, till I read this toffy nosed pile of shit, now I am back on the lemon meringue pie forever.
Never wanted your tongue lashing my cherrypie anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.