Wot, no pork?

Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Wot, no pork?

My wife and I rarely visit the very expensive restaurants around town.

However tonight we did visit the Summer Place at the Metropolitan. (Does this really enter the realm of expensive places??!!) The pork had disappeared from the menu. A waiter told me, I think, that it was due to a municipality ruling? Actually I had found this at the Ramada Hotel previously, that they no longer sell pork products anywhere there. I didn't question it, thinking it must be the owners wish.

Has any one had any similar experiences recently relating to the availability of pork??
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wot, no pork?

Originally Posted by Jim Smith

However tonight we did visit the Summer Place at the Metropolitan. (Does this really enter the realm of expensive places??!!) The pork had disappeared from the menu. A waiter told me, I think, that it was due to a municipality ruling? Actually I had found this at the Ramada Hotel previously, that they no longer sell pork products anywhere there. I didn't question it, thinking it must be the owners wish.

Has any one had any similar experiences recently relating to the availability of pork??
It's worth finding out if it really is a new ruling.

If so, whose?

Mods, please create a new forum called "The Islamicisation of Dubai", and move this thread to it. It will very quickly fill up with new threads.........
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Dean
It's worth finding out if it really is a new ruling.

If so, whose?

Mods, please create a new forum called "The Islamicisation of Dubai", and move this thread to it. It will very quickly fill up with new threads.........

DEAN you are ALWAYS ....right...girls lets hurry and get our abayas... those boys who like to show their knees/drumsticks starting practicing to sleep on concrete......
I thin dean has a crystal ball

The islamicisation of dubai seem to have start spreading like a rash...Are the Sauds here?
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoukla
DEAN you are ALWAYS ....right...girls lets hurry and get our abayas... those boys who like to show their knees/drumsticks starting practicing to sleep on concrete......
I thin dean has a crystal ball

The islamicisation of dubai seem to have start spreading like a rash...Are the Sauds here?
Talking of Sauds, don't rule out them (as opposed to Ab Dab) getting 'involved' in helping Dubai out of its debt crisis.

There'd be a price to pay of course..........
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

I believe that they have to have a license to sell pork and they may not have renewed it or may its in process - someone mentioned that the golf club at ranches had pork off menu for a while too - but think it back on again.

if that any help
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Talking of Sauds, don't rule out them (as opposed to Ab Dab) getting 'involved' in helping Dubai out of its debt crisis.

There'd be a price to pay of course..........
I have heard from a very unreliable source that it is saudi money hence what you are seeing.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith

No recent laws. No special licence (with appropriate fee) = no pork on menu. Very simple.

-
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

only 5 star hotels can serve pork on their menu's, the FnB guy at the Ranches told a friend of mine, came into play a few months back
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
No recent laws. No special licence (with appropriate fee) = no pork on menu. Very simple.

-
So restaurants that used to serve pork are simply not bothering to reapply for a licence? Or are they being 'dissuaded' from doing so? Or are they simply being refused?

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 2nd 2010 at 5:48 pm. Reason: n
Old Apr 4th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a restaurant owner or anything, but I cannot imagine how you could make pork profitable with all the arrangements involved.