Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The worst word in the language

The worst word in the language

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default The worst word in the language

"Wog, Spastic. Queer. Nigger. Dwarf. Cripple. Fatty. Gimp. Mick. Mong. Poof. Coon. Gyppo. You can't really use these words anymore and yet, strangely, it is perfectly acceptable for those in the Hotel industries to pepper their conversation with the word BEVERAGE" - Jeremy Clarkson

Beverage!! the worst word in language
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:25 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The worst word in the language

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
"Wog, Spastic. Queer. Nigger. Dwarf. Cripple. Fatty. Gimp. Mick. Mong. Poof. Coon. Gyppo. You can't really use these words anymore and yet, strangely, it is perfectly acceptable for those in the Hotel industries to pepper their conversation with the word BEVERAGE" - Jeremy Clarkson

Vagina is the worst.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Vagina is the worst.
horrible word isn't it!! I hate the C word as well
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

When I lived for a few years in lovely Stoke-on-Trent, the women there would always say...how are you doing, cock...to which I wanted to say...fine fanny, but never did coz I was too polite.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Other than swear words referring of F/M anatomy...I think lisp is in poor taste.

What sod made that word up for describing someone who could not pronounce the letter 's' and make them say " Thorry, I have a lithp" perhaps not the worst word but certainly a cruel one
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about954RR has a spectacular aura about

horrible word isn't it!! I hate the C word as well
The C word has to be the worst.
Test it by shouting it out in a crowded room and you will be able to hear a pin drop.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by lionheart
When I lived for a few years in lovely Stoke-on-Trent, the women there would always say...how are you doing, cock...to which I wanted to say...fine fanny, but never did coz I was too polite.
aye I hate that - you alright hen? another one that irritates me, don't mind pet cos that's a geordie thing. Clarkson goes on to say that people waste words - as in Can I help with you with anything at all? why not just say Can I help you?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

I used to be a Foods & Beverage Manager. was a long time ago

One word that suits what it means is 'vile'

Also what about words that the media like to use that no one else does in normal conversation i.e - revellers, or blaze for fire or heist for robbery - my favourite is when someone famous is on the piss, they're called a hellraiser.

any more?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

aye I hate that - you alright hen? another one that irritates me, don't mind pet cos that's a geordie thing. Clarkson goes on to say that people waste words - as in Can I help with you with anything at all? why not just say Can I help you?

you do the math - I actually want to punch someone when I hear this
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
I used to be a Foods & Beverage Manager. was a long time ago

One word that suits what it means is 'vile'

Also what about words that the media like to use that no one else does in normal conversation i.e - revellers, or blaze for fire or heist for robbery - my favourite is when someone famous is on the piss, they're called a hellraiser.

any more?

You still in hospitality then?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:50 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
you do the math - I actually want to punch someone when I hear this
what the hen bit or the at all bit? another useless word according to Clarkson is cuisine - he is like wtf do they mean food?
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:51 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Hen is used widely in Scotland too...it's an endearment. I still like it when I go into a corner shop back home and am asked "What would you like, son?" ...makes me feel young !
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Hen is used widely in Scotland too...it's an endearment. I still like it when I go into a corner shop back home and am asked "What would you like, son?" ...makes me feel young !
"Want a refill, sugar?"
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

LankyLady is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst nine words in the language are "It seemed like a good idea at the time".
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LankyLady
The worst nine words in the language are "It seemed like a good idea at the time".
As an Englishman, my favourite nine words have always been..."they think it's all over...well, it is now", although Bangleman or Commander will probably remind me that Kenneth Wolstenholme's actual words in July 1966 were slightly different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.