Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Worst Ever Examples of Casting in a Dramatic Role.....

Worst Ever Examples of Casting in a Dramatic Role.....

Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worst Ever Examples of Casting in a Dramatic Role.....

.... I'll start:

No 1:

Barrymore to play Spike Milligan

Michael Barrymore is to return to the limelight playing Spike Milligan in a stage drama about the comedian's life.
Surviving Spike, at Windsor's Theatre Royal, is the latest step in the former TV host's comeback.

He took part in Celebrity Big Brother in 2006 and played the lead in Scrooge The Musical in the UK later that year.

Barrymore's career collapsed after a man was found dead in his swimming pool seven years ago. No-one was charged in connection with the death.

Surviving Spike, which runs for 12 days from 5 February, will be Barrymore's debut in a theatre drama.

"He will take you on an hilarious and emotional journey as the legendary comedian, writer, musician, poet, playwright and creator of The Goon Show," the show's website said.

Terry Lubbock, whose son Stuart died at Barrymore's Essex home, said: "The shine has gone off Barrymore.
"I don't think he has got any hope of resurrecting his career - although I think he'll keep trying."

The story of Surviving Spike is told through the eyes of Milligan's former agent, manager and confidante Norma Farnes, played by ex-EastEnders actress Jill Halfpenny.

The production has been written by Richard Harris, whose TV credits include A Touch of Frost, The Last Detective and The Darling Buds of May.

It promises to reveal Milligan's "tormented character that hid behind the public facade".

Milligan, who died in 2002, is regarded of one of the greatest writers and performers in 20th Century comedy.

He is best remembered for seminal 1950s radio comedy The Goons and surreal TV sketch show Q, but in private had a number of nervous breakdowns and suffered from manic depression.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/h...nt/7198710.stm
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worst Ever Examples of Casting in a Dramatic Role.....

Agree, Spike would be turning in his Yingtong if he knew Barrybore was about to play him I'm sure.

Can I suggest : Brad Pitt in Troy and Scarlett Johannsen in Black Dhalia failed to step up to the plate.
Both beautiful and talented but just so not for those respective roles.

Last edited by Eva; Jan 20th 2008 at 6:45 pm. Reason: sp