British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   The Worst Airlines (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/worst-airlines-805518/)

Pulaski Aug 12th 2013 2:58 am

Re: The Worst Airlines

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10844197)
You have GOT to be joking........... dreadful food, zero legroom (even for much shorter passengers than me) ....

+1. I flew with Virgin once. It is not an experience I plan to repeat. I wish I'd removed my legs and checked them, though knowing my luck Virgin would have lost them. :unsure:

Kix Aug 12th 2013 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10845369)
Talking of budget airlines, I think that FlyDubai is bloody brilliant.

Agreed. Apart from the fact they land at terminal 2.

Millhouse Aug 12th 2013 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10846109)

I love terminal 2 - They have really tarted it up in the last month or so as well.

Dubaiexile Aug 12th 2013 5:58 am

Bangladesh Biman, really has to be the worst in the world, flew into heathrow with them several years ago, and they took 2 goes at landing, Pilot and co-pilot were arrested on landing, apparently they had been drinking!!!!!

Kix Aug 12th 2013 6:33 am

Could be worse, Virgin are now doing on-board comedy performances. God preserve us.

Fail

Week

martinbkk Aug 12th 2013 12:34 pm

I have to go to UK early October, haven't been for ages and avoid going if at all possible. Anyway, I see Pegasus has a really good price, I know it's via Istanbul (not Ataturk, the other one) and it goes to Stansted, actually better for me. Couple of 3 hour hops with a couple of hours break in between for QR1570 return all in seems like a good price. Bet it's a crap flight though. Anyone done it?

Theseus Aug 12th 2013 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10846119)
I love terminal 2 - They have really tarted it up in the last month or so as well.

At least you don't have to walk a hundred million miles if you land in Terminal 2.

Millhouse Aug 12th 2013 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Theseus (Post 10847074)
At least you don't have to walk a hundred million miles if you land in Terminal 2.

exactly, and you can be in the taxi within about 6 mins of landing if you have an egate.

That, a Mcdonalds, Costa and (now) a Starbucks -- what's not to like?

Kix Aug 13th 2013 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10847109)
exactly, and you can be in the taxi within about 6 mins of landing if you have an egate.

That, a Mcdonalds, Costa and (now) a Starbucks -- what's not to like?

I flew from Qatar, don't have an egate card and it took me over 2 hours from getting off the plane to getting outside.

No taxis either, maybe I was just unlucky.

Millhouse Aug 13th 2013 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10848001)
I flew from Qatar, don't have an egate card and it took me over 2 hours from getting off the plane to getting outside.

No taxis either, maybe I was just unlucky.

The cavet was egate. I use that terminal once a month and never had a problem.

mikewot Aug 13th 2013 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10846109)

Hopefully they land on the runway and park at T2 ;)

agusta Aug 14th 2013 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10843898)
So anyone flown SwissAir ?

I have Flown Swissair many times and the service was excellent

The Dean Aug 14th 2013 4:52 pm

What an extraordinary coincidence - I have just received a 'Customer Satisfaction Survey' form from............ Virgin Atlantic............ :rofl::rofl:

Bahtatboy Aug 14th 2013 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10850746)
What an extraordinary coincidence - I have just received a 'Customer Satisfaction Survey' form from............ Virgin Atlantic............ :rofl::rofl:

Can we answer a question each?

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 15th 2013 5:30 am

Jetstar were cunty rip off merchants.

Bangkok Airways were mega, but I have to name them amongst the worst for the promo / safety video they played.