British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   "The World's Greatest Picture" - 2.5GB Panorama from the Burj Khalifah Spire (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/worlds-greatest-picture-2-5gb-panorama-burj-khalifah-spire-785381/)

Autonomy Jan 28th 2013 9:49 am

"The World's Greatest Picture" - 2.5GB Panorama from the Burj Khalifah Spire

http://hipa.ae/en/bkpbts

Taken where Tom Cruise was sat....

It is pretty amazing

Gerald Donovan has created some stunning Dubai shots, but this one is really world class.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 28th 2013 11:36 am

Re: "The World's Greatest Picture" - 2.5GB Panorama from the Burj Khalifah Spire

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 10509836)
http://hipa.ae/en/bkpbts

Taken where Tom Cruise was sat....

It is pretty amazing

Gerald Donovan has created some stunning Dubai shots, but this one is really world class.

Awesome. I can see my apartment!

Theseus Jan 28th 2013 12:10 pm

Re: "The World's Greatest Picture" - 2.5GB Panorama from the Burj Khalifah Spire

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10509984)
Awesome. I can see my apartment!

I can almost see mine - and i live in Doha ;)

It is awesome though

littlejimmy Jan 28th 2013 12:20 pm

Cool. I can see the office I used to work in near Wafi City.

scot47 Jan 28th 2013 12:24 pm

I suppose that Arabs and people from Essex will think this is awesome. Personally you would have to PAY me to go there !

De gustibus non est disputandum.

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 28th 2013 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 10510071)
I suppose that Arabs and people from Essex will think this is awesome. Personally you would have to PAY me to go there !

Correct, there is no debate / argument over one man's taste.

But you're definitely wrong.

Autonomy Jan 28th 2013 2:54 pm

Such an odd comment.

Parochial, judgmental and egotistical at the same time.

I wouldn't pay you to do much, certainly not teach.

claimsboys Jan 28th 2013 3:11 pm

Knob.

kittycat1 Jan 28th 2013 3:13 pm

Once again I stand up as the voice of Essex! I am from Essex and don't think it is that amazing.

claimsboys Jan 28th 2013 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10510438)
Once again I stand up as the voice of Essex! I am from Essex and don't think it is that amazing.

Yes, but you also think that making sick jokes about boiling kids is funny.

Not sure Essex would appreciate you as their voice, erm then again.........................

What do you think is amazing, or should i say "Reem", false nails, gravy for a tan, looking orange?

kittycat1 Jan 28th 2013 3:49 pm

I removed the comment. Come on you read the sun thats far worse than being orange

And just to clarify I have no idea what reem means, i do not wear false nails- never have, and i am generally a pasty shade of white and the only place gravy belongs is on a roast dinner.

And why would I share with you what I think is amazing just so you can rip me to pieces.

claimsboys Jan 28th 2013 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10510511)
I removed the comment. Come on you read the sun thats far worse than being orange

And just to clarify I have no idea what reem means, i do not wear false nails- never have, and i am generally a pasty shade of white and the only place gravy belongs is on a roast dinner.

And why would I share with you what I think is amazing just so you can rip me to pieces.

Ok. I'm sorry. You did remove that post, fair play. It was pretty bad though.

For my sins i do read the Sun, but i also read most daily papers, i like to know whats going on.

The Sun make you orange......

kittycat1 Jan 28th 2013 3:59 pm

claims, and you've never made a poorly judged joke?

So does the Sun actually tell you what is going on? I thought it was just tits and Jeremy Kyle style car crash reading?

If you eat enough carrots you also turn orange.

claimsboys Jan 28th 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 10510545)
claims, and you've never made a poorly judged joke?

So does the Sun actually tell you what is going on? I thought it was just tits and Jeremy Kyle style car crash reading?

If you eat enough carrots you also turn orange.

No.

No.

Really?!

kittycat1 Jan 28th 2013 4:07 pm

Yes really- I didn't read this in the Sun but it also says it there so it must be true
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...rs-advice.html