The World is sinking!

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The World is sinking!

Does anyone think RERA is ever going to find against Nakheel in any cases to do with The World, Waterfront and the unbuilt Palms? And surely they won't announce that any of them are officially cancelled either.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
Does anyone think RERA is ever going to find against Nakheel in any cases to do with The World, Waterfront and the unbuilt Palms? And surely they won't announce that any of them are officially cancelled either.
The whole things corrupt from the very very top down.....They'll do what they always do....Nothing.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

I think this year, RERA are going to officially announce the cancellation of about 200 projects (read that somewhere), which is big, because it'll mean developers have to compensate their investors... which will be interesting to say the least, considering the scale of investment and the fact they have no cash. Private investors will be lucky to get anything, and will certainly be asked to take a hit.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is they have said they won't actually announce the 200 defaulters. But if you quietly go with proof that you are an investor, and probably be asked to pay a few hundred dirhams of course for the priveledge, they will look up in their black book and tell you the bad news!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Some two and a half years ago I had some dealings with an architect who was working on the Waterfront project. As it was so huge I asked him who was supposed to live there and did the developers really believe there would be enough people for it to be viable.

He said that the belief behind it was simply (& breathtakingly arrogantly) - if we build it they will come.
A developer in Abu Dhabi had a similar belief and looks what's happened to them. More casualties to come and not just in Dubai!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie
A developer in Abu Dhabi had a similar belief and looks what's happened to them. More casualties to come and not just in Dubai!
which one are we talking about this time, the same one A?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:26 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith

I think the problem is they have said they won't actually announce the 200 defaulters. But if you quietly go with proof that you are an investor, and probably be asked to pay a few hundred dirhams of course for the priveledge, they will look up in their black book and tell you the bad news!!!
yup, more likely. It was clearly on public display in the basement level of RERA hq...
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
Yep - and they are probably not the only ones!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
all of them.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what everyone's worried about. I heard on the news only 30 minutes ago that residential rents in Dubai will make a full recovery this year. Oh ye of little faith.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heh. What was the context of the news story? Give any reasons for the claim?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don't know what everyone's worried about. I heard on the news only 30 minutes ago that residential rents in Dubai will make a full recovery this year. Oh ye of little faith.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Heh. What was the context of the news story? Give any reasons for the claim?
Battyboy isn't wrong:

http://gulfnews.com/business/propert...-year-1.750587
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:49 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you say something often enough it becomes the truth. Altogether now, "Dubai residential rents will recover this year. Duabi residential rents will recover this year. Dubai residential rents will recover this year. Dubai residential rents will recover this year. Bacon has wings. Bacon has wings. Bacon has wings."
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Read the article.

So they are committed to building more apartments and office space during a period of continuing and deepening real estate glut?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Read the article.

So they are committed to building more apartments and office space during a period of continuing and deepening real estate glut?
Welcome to Project Finance ... you have to finish what you start.

They are just trying to talk the market up - I don't blame them for trying given that they must be in for a 100% loss.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
yeah right, they are idiots. Have you seen that empty Mall on the Beach Road? I bet they can't give away commercial space these days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.