British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   world cup 2010 qualifiers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/world-cup-2010-qualifiers-559911/)

arbroath_abroad Sep 6th 2008 5:17 pm

world cup 2010 qualifiers

Shocking, No comment

Inselaffen Sep 6th 2008 6:35 pm

Re: world cup 2010 qualifiers

will refrain from taking the piss until after we have beaten Andora (Hopefully).

nottmbantam Sep 6th 2008 8:30 pm

Macedonia? THe only team Andorra have ever beaten in a competitive game - apparently. England looked desperate at times, and composure went out of the window accordingly. Could have / should have scored more, but its a win. Crunch game vs Croatia.

The Dean Sep 6th 2008 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6756532)
Macedonia? THe only team Andorra have ever beaten in a competitive game - apparently. England looked desperate at times, and composure went out of the window accordingly. Could have / should have scored more, but its a win. Crunch game vs Croatia.

As I write, with only a few minutes to go, France are behind in Austria and Italy are level in Cyprus........... maybe the old order is changing?

The Dean Sep 6th 2008 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6756568)
As I write, with only a few minutes to go, France are behind in Austria and Italy are level in Cyprus........... maybe the old order is changing?

Ooooh - looks like a late winner for the Italians.......... I can't stand all this excitement............

BangleMan Sep 7th 2008 7:48 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 6756532)

England will lose, as Billic will fire his team up for his last game in charge before becoming West Ham manager...

Inselaffen Sep 7th 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6757814)
England will lose, as Billic will fire his team up for his last game in charge before becoming West Ham manager...

too true. he'll be desparate to get a victory. after all he won't get many in his next job!

Shadya Sep 7th 2008 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6757814)

I thought Billic had turned WHU down and that Gianfranco Zola was the most likely candidate.

Eva Sep 7th 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6755980)
Shocking, No comment

Macedonia ???? Only Scotland could lose to a lot of mixed vegetables.......and I don't mean the Swedes.(or the English:sneaky:)

Hopefully Andy can help restore some National pride later this afo.....