Words fail me

Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:07 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Words fail me

“They bury infants into pots alive and bury the pots. They put tobacco into girls’ mouths. They hang them upside down like a bunch of flowers to dry,” she said, listing ways female children were killed."

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/peopl...lled-1.1127650
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:19 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Words fail me

I don't know what to say to that.............I thought it was only prevalent in China. Can't they sell them to Madonna and Angelina Jolie?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:46 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

It'll all come back to bite them in the arse in 10-20 years time when those parents who thought they were quids in only having a boy find that they end up needing to pay a dowry to secure a wife for their child.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

claimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant futureclaimsboys has a brilliant future

I was unable to read that without almost breaking into tears.

I have no words.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I know three couples who can't have children yet are desperate for kids.

Nothing more insulting than a huge amount of people happily murdering unborn and newborn children because they wanted the opposite sex.

Absolute *****.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told about this some time ago. A friend of mine, an Indian lady, explained to me how Indian society generally works. Rather scary.
Thank god there are a few people now who are trying to make this known and work to eliminate this and may other cruel actions.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Alexa
I've been told about this some time ago. A friend of mine, an Indian lady, explained to me how Indian society generally works. Rather scary.
'Only 5-6 people are not the culprits. The victim is as guilty as her rapists... She should have called the culprits brothers and begged before them to stop... This could have saved her dignity and life.'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/17922913.cms

Yes..Scary attitudes indeed.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Round-Bum is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. That's hard to think about.

Not to condone this - no one from most societies in the world could - but to play devil's advocate: Wipe this out and you have 10 million more people per year to feed, house, etc. In the same way that medical advances have created their own problems, what do you you do about the increase in population caused by a cultural shift away from acceptance of acts such as these?

By no means making light of this, and I'd rather have to deal with the consequences of a change, just thinking ahead...

Last edited by Round-Bum; Jan 7th 2013 at 5:54 pm. Reason: gramer and spellling