British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Wookey Hole Caves Found In The Desert (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wookey-hole-caves-found-desert-596295/)

Bison Mar 9th 2009 5:09 am

Wookey Hole Caves Found In The Desert

Apparently someone has found some caves with big underground lakes and tunnels and all sorts of magical stuff in the Desert near to the border of Oman, they have likened it to Wookey Hole back home in the UK.

I personally think that it's a cock and bull story, conjured up by some animal?

Bison

lionheart Mar 9th 2009 5:14 am

Re: Wookey Hole Caves Found In The Desert

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7358557)
Apparently someone has found some caves with big underground lakes and tunnels and all sorts of magical stuff in the Desert near to the border of Oman, they have likened it to Wookey Hole back home in the UK.

Bison

By "some animal" do you possibly mean a Bison? So where is the link? Personally I prefer Cheddar Caves to Wookey Hole any day.

Bison Mar 9th 2009 5:27 am

By "some animal" do you possibly mean a Bison? So where is the link? Personally I prefer Cheddar Caves to Wookey Hole any day.
Cheddar caves are amazing, not to far from my home.... a nice pint of cheddar valley and a cheddar cheese ploughmans after is always a must..

Blue Cat Mar 9th 2009 5:29 am

Bison

Harry Potter does the UAE :rofl:

Spugsy Mar 9th 2009 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7358590)
Cheddar caves are amazing, not to far from my home.... a nice pint of cheddar valley and a cheddar cheese ploughmans after is always a must..

Ploughmans is the worst food of all time.

In fact I don't even class it as food.

Spugsy Mar 9th 2009 6:58 am

Bison

whats magical about underground caves? There's millions of them.

Bison Mar 9th 2009 7:12 am

Ploughmans is the worst food of all time.

In fact I don't even class it as food.
Ah come on, you obviously haven't had a decent 'proper' ploughmans then, thick cut roasted ham with golden bits round the edge, a nice cob, some nice pickle, a huge slab of cheese, juicy tomatoes, onions, hmmm yummer!

Spugsy Mar 9th 2009 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7358833)
Ah come on, you obviously haven't had a decent 'proper' ploughmans then, thick cut roasted ham with golden bits round the edge, a nice cob, some nice pickle, a huge slab of cheese, juicy tomatoes, onions, hmmm yummer!

Cold food is rubbish.

DaWarrior Mar 9th 2009 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7358598)
Harry Potter does the UAE :rofl:

I thought it was Prince Caspian in Narnia :D