Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

This won't help things in UK

This won't help things in UK

Old May 26th 2013, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This won't help things in UK

Originally Posted by Kix
I meant that the assumption of the religious (or not) life you were brought into this world dictates who you are for life.
I believe it is a well known premise that to be Jewish is not just about religion, its race of people in its own right. Therefore you are both correct. I am not christian because i was born into a christian family, however if i was born into a jewish family i would be a jew whether i practiced judaism or buddhism. I would probably be known as a Jewish buddhist.

The Jews refer to themselves as a race and there are many forms of Judaism, like there are christianity. At least all the Jews i've ever met including the non-practising ones.
Old May 26th 2013, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theseus
I believe it is a well known premise that to be Jewish is not just about religion, its race of people in its own right. Therefore you are both correct. I am not christian because i was born into a christian family, however if i was born into a jewish family i would be a jew whether i practiced judaism or buddhism. I would probably be known as a Jewish buddhist.

The Jews refer to themselves as a race and there are many forms of Judaism, like there are christianity. At least all the Jews i've ever met including the non-practising ones.
I always thought the Jewish line was passed down by the mother?
Old May 26th 2013, 4:30 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I always thought the Jewish line was passed down by the mother?
It is
Old May 27th 2013, 3:55 am
Banned

nateusa will become famous soon enoughnateusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
That you felt compelled to respond to...hmmmm.

Well lots of people say it's only a few Muslims who are violent, only a small percentage. Do you think it's a high percentage? I don't - most Muslims are no more violent than any other group of people...perhaps you have evidence to the contrary?

Did I say they didn't condemn it? I know a number of large Muslim organisations have come out to condemn it in the UK. If this happened in the UAE the criminals would probably be hung from the neck.

I tolerate those who tolerate me. And I place too much stock in tolerance, it's bedfellows are weakness and apathy.

It seems you have an issue with people who won't self-apply rules about insulting religion and blasphemy.

Yes, several times. The bible and torah too.

I never came across anything that specific but then one of the machete killers is on video quoting Sura Al Tawba as his justification. A lot of those verses, especially when read in isolation and taken literally are easily used by people like that to kill those who they see as their enemies, including other Muslims. I doubt any book that is so easily twisted to justify murder, including the Bible and Torah.

I'm not one to hide my opinions, you'll get straight talk from me not passive aggressive xenophobia or taqiyya.

N.
you don't know anything about koran. i highly doubt you know anything about it.

you are not from that culture so how can you interpret it like you are?

talking like a mug mate!
Old May 27th 2013, 4:31 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nateusa
i am not bitter at all.

just hate people looking down the very same people they make great living out of and then turning around slagging them off at every opportunity.

it is cheap and being ungrateful.

these people are hypocrites.
This is true . Not many people on here have positive things to say about Muslims / Arabs etc .