Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Women everywhere need you.......

Women everywhere need you.......

Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:54 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice
Default Women everywhere need you.......

I have just read this on another forum, and considering it is a forum of 98% male blooded human beings, would seem that it is genuine....

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Go on, click on it today, I have
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women everywhere need you.......

Originally Posted by justin riseborough
I have just read this on another forum, and considering it is a forum of 98% male blooded human beings, would seem that it is genuine....

The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising. Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Hang on. So if it someting is posted on a 'blokes' site it is more likely to be true than if it was on a women's site??

Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Ditto
Don't get your point............

So what if it ISN'T "genuine"? Justin didn't phrase that very well but..... well it won't hurt you to click on it anyway....... I'm surprised by the concept though - a company will only donate according to 'hits' - how generous of them..... ("Look we've got the cash, so we could save a life, but well you see we only registered 9,999 hits and we agreed 10,000")

Men feel the loss of a loved one due to breast cancer as strongly as women do.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:14 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=The Dean;5347129]Don't get your point............

Ditto means that I too clicked on...what point don't you get?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Don't get your point............

So what if it ISN'T "genuine"? Justin didn't phrase that very well but..... well it won't hurt you to click on it anyway....... I'm surprised by the concept though - a company will only donate according to 'hits' - how generous of them..... ("Look we've got the cash, so we could save a life, but well you see we only registered 9,999 hits and we agreed 10,000")

Men feel the loss of a loved one due to breast cancer as strongly as women do.

Unless I read it wrong, is it not that if you ''purchase'' something from the site then they will donate ???

And yes there is no difference between the feeling of men and women re the loss of someone through breast cancer, I guess it stirs up greater fear in the woman though just like men when they here of someone with tescular cancer
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:29 am
Marching on Together

justin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nicejustin riseborough is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Unless I read it wrong, is it not that if you ''purchase'' something from the site then they will donate ???

And yes there is no difference between the feeling of men and women re the loss of someone through breast cancer, I guess it stirs up greater fear in the woman though just like men when they here of someone with tescular cancer
We can (men) get breast cancer too.

I just thought that sometimes there is a lot of skepticism on these sort of threads, and yes it was worded wrong, but if the Breast Cancer Site is claiming to fund vital equipment through people hitting their site, well worth a minute flirt away from these message boards. I suppose it is done by the links afterwards where possibly 1 in 5 people will purchase something, then funding the donations
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

We can (men) get breast cancer too.

I just thought that sometimes there is a lot of skepticism on these sort of threads, and yes it was worded wrong, but if the Breast Cancer Site is claiming to fund vital equipment through people hitting their site, well worth a minute flirt away from these message boards. I suppose it is done by the links afterwards where possibly 1 in 5 people will purchase something, then funding the donations
Defo not saying men can't, much rarer but yes possible
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Well as someone who's mother is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer I would urge everybody on here to click on the site!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:54 am
Marching on Together

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Well as someone who's mother is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer I would urge everybody on here to click on the site!
i will get RSI clicking on here everyday

Hope it all works out well for your mum
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:59 am
Account Closed

I have two older sisters receiving treatment back home.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Those sites are legit & have been going for years. The money is raised from advertising. The sponsors pay a very small donation for every 'click'.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Hang on. So if it someting is posted on a 'blokes' site it is more likely to be true than if it was on a women's site??

now now...don't be so surprised...
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

defo...do it now, i have...

MM, xx