British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Woman strips in Dubai Mall (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/woman-strips-dubai-mall-679839/)

kittycat1 Aug 5th 2010 3:59 am

Woman strips in Dubai Mall

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ping-mall.html

I would really like to have been a fly on that wall- if for nothing else to watch the faces of the arab men walking by!

lionheart Aug 5th 2010 5:40 am

Re: Woman strips in Dubai Mall

What a stupid and ignorant woman she must be...I'm talking about the Brit not the Arab:frown:

kittycat1 Aug 5th 2010 5:50 am

I'm guessing shes a Jeremy Kyle type!

Inselaffen Aug 5th 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8754169)
What a stupid and ignorant woman she must be...I'm talking about the Brit not the Arab:frown:

both are ignorant

Boomhauer Aug 5th 2010 7:54 am

Woman's got a balls!:thumbsup:

Ethos83 Aug 5th 2010 8:02 am

The picture isn't of the Dubai Mall.

I'm amused by the incident. Too bad I wasn't there.

Hope she gets quietly sent out of the country before this develops into a full trial circus show.

About a year ago I was at Emarat for coffee and while waiting for the Filipina gal to finish ruining the coffee, an older Emirati man who was at the adjoining ATM machine stepped backwards and bumped into me.

I may have been a bit close to him but the counter was packed with morning commuters waiting for their coffees. Started to do the usual unique British apology whenever someone else bumps into you, but the Arab wouldn't have it. He started shouting at me in Arabic in front of everyone, and I finally firmly said, 'oh, well, excuse me,' and took one more step away from him. But he followed me and deliberately bumped into me again and repeated shouting in arabic. It all sounded like ranting baby babbling to me and by now everyone is looking at us. Incensed, I grab my cold coffee and turned to the Arab man and went 'bwah! blah! blah! blah! bwah! bwah!' and walked straight out of Emarat.

but I was tempted to call him something else...

Charismatic Aug 5th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 8754366)
Woman's got a balls!:thumbsup:

Now I’m pretty sure that would get her/him sent home.

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8754379)

Knuckle dragging oxygen thief? I think you could get away with that :lol:.

typical Aug 5th 2010 10:13 am

Is this all the fault of Sex and the City 2?

ctfc Aug 5th 2010 10:16 am

* sigh *

Yet another example of 'getting on a high horse' by both parties which puts the police and authorities in a very difficult situation as they will have to be seen to punish the tourist. Hopefully she is a tourist as reported and not an expat; I would rather hope an expat would know better than to provoke a public clash.

The rest is predictable. News of the Screws and the Daily Fascist will get all excited and pay her for interviews which help to sell their papers and the world will continue to become just a little more intolerant. Shame.

aPerfectCircle Aug 5th 2010 10:20 am

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Like that kinda of reaction

Grace O Malley Aug 5th 2010 10:23 am

[QUOTE=ctfc;8754595]* sigh *

Yet another example of 'getting on a high horse' by both parties which puts the police and authorities in a very difficult situation as they will have to be seen to punish the tourist. Hopefully she is a tourist as reported and not an expat; I would rather hope an expat would know better than to provoke a public clash.

Exactly, I think that this kind of situation is not what the local police are at all interested in but as you say have to respond.

Meow Aug 5th 2010 12:11 pm

Do you really think it's a true story? No names, not even an initial or any other details of this tourist. It's in the Daily Malevolant, although I see 7 Days has the story now too.
-

lionheart Aug 5th 2010 1:05 pm

The picture isn't of the Dubai Mall...

It looks more like Deira City Centre to me, but I may be wrong.

GuyinUAE Aug 5th 2010 1:39 pm

The picture isn't of the Dubai Mall.

I'm amused by the incident. Too bad I wasn't there.

Hope she gets quietly sent out of the country before this develops into a full trial circus show.

About a year ago I was at Emarat for coffee and while waiting for the Filipina gal to finish ruining the coffee, an older Emirati man who was at the adjoining ATM machine stepped backwards and bumped into me.

I may have been a bit close to him but the counter was packed with morning commuters waiting for their coffees. Started to do the usual unique British apology whenever someone else bumps into you, but the Arab wouldn't have it. He started shouting at me in Arabic in front of everyone, and I finally firmly said, 'oh, well, excuse me,' and took one more step away from him. But he followed me and deliberately bumped into me again and repeated shouting in arabic. It all sounded like ranting baby babbling to me and by now everyone is looking at us. Incensed, I grab my cold coffee and turned to the Arab man and went 'bwah! blah! blah! blah! bwah! bwah!' and walked straight out of Emarat.

Had a similar instance where a guy pushed in front of me at the queue to pay, possibly Lebanese. I politely pointed out there was a queue and he started saying there was no queue and made a big issue out of it. At which point I loudly declared to everyone in the shop that we should all move out of the way as he was obviously in more of a hurry than the rest of us. After the laughing had stopped, he decided to then have a 'staring' contest which was most amusing and ended when I reminded him that both his hands were full, mine weren't and I was twice the size of him. Not that I'd ever get involved in fisticuffs over here, but it would have been hilarious watching him try!
I now find its far better to belittle them than get angry, much more fun!

Bahtatboy Aug 5th 2010 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE (Post 8755019)
Had a similar instance where a guy pushed in front of me at the queue to pay, possibly Lebanese. I politely pointed out there was a queue and he started saying there was no queue and made a big issue out of it. At which point I loudly declared to everyone in the shop that we should all move out of the way as he was obviously in more of a hurry than the rest of us. After the laughing had stopped, he decided to then have a 'staring' contest which was most amusing and ended when I reminded him that both his hands were full, mine weren't and I was twice the size of him. Not that I'd ever get involved in fisticuffs over here, but it would have been hilarious watching him try!
I now find its far better to belittle them than get angry, much more fun!

If it was in the Ally Pally, then I apologise--I was really thirsty, my hands were full of cupcakes, and you looked really well fed and watered...