British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Winter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/winter-779131/)

britexpat76 Nov 29th 2012 7:15 am

Winter

Today is the 1st time I have turned off the AC in the showroom and been cold outside, though its 23 degrees..........

I seem to remember 23 being a good summers day back home so why am I cold? Am i becoming soft?

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 29th 2012 7:24 am

Re: Winter

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10407174)
Today is the 1st time I have turned off the AC in the showroom and been cold outside, though its 23 degrees..........

I seem to remember 23 being a good summers day back home so why am I cold? Am i becoming soft?

I did that last night, went on the balcony for a fag and it was nippy. Was 23 according to the thermometer.

Definitely becoming soft.

britexpat76 Nov 29th 2012 7:33 am

Though last week in Thailand it was only about 29 and I was sweating my tits off.

auzdafluff Nov 29th 2012 8:07 am

I went to the shop the other night in sweat pants and a hoodie. It was 29ÂșC, but it felt cold.

It's a combination of the low humidity, and thinner blood. The latter makes your body more efficient at shedding excess heat. It also makes it harder to retain heat, so when you're hit with the double whammy of low humidity, and thin blood, you feel a lot colder.

I also saw several cars exhausts' 'misting' this morning, because temperature was so close to the dew point for the first time in months.

Dumbo Nov 29th 2012 8:15 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 10407174)

Yes. Toughen up soft c**k.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 29th 2012 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dumbo (Post 10407254)
Yes. Toughen up soft c**k.

Said 'dumbo'

Patsy Stoned Nov 29th 2012 5:32 pm

I have just taken my 1st grade dressing gown ( light cotton) out of summer storage.I will wear that until about mid December.
The 2nd grade ( light towelling) dressing gown will come out around the end of December and then I will bring out the 3rd grade ( heavy towelling with a hood) from January and then go in descending order again until it starts to warm up again around March time.:D
I have just put the heater for my water bed on again although it is turned down to 25c. It goes up to about 32c in January/February!!:D

commander Nov 29th 2012 7:48 pm

I'm in glasgow right now. Don't talk to me about winter...free******zing