British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Wimbledon (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/wimbledon-899047/)

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 4th 2017 7:53 am

Wimbledon

Morning Auto,

Looking forward to Wimbledon this year?
Murray won didn't he?

Anyway. There's a dearth of things to bet on and you know this stuff better than most on here. Can Murray do it or should I back Nadal or Sir Roger of Federer?

UKCityGent Jul 4th 2017 8:52 am

Re: Wimbledon

Ive got a punt on Nadal - was considering Murray but got a feeling he lost his mojo recently

jam25mack Jul 4th 2017 9:03 am

Never had a bet on tennis. Are the odds worth it for a straight win or do you have to get technical (and if so i'm lost when it comes to tennis).

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 4th 2017 9:48 am

Originally Posted by UKCityGent (Post 12286445)
Ive got a punt on Nadal - was considering Murray but got a feeling he lost his mojo recently

Did you get a good price?

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12286451)
Never had a bet on tennis. Are the odds worth it for a straight win or do you have to get technical (and if so i'm lost when it comes to tennis).

LIVE:
2/1 for Federer
4 for Nadal
5 for Djokovic and Murray
Others are 16's ++++

nottmbantam Jul 4th 2017 9:55 am

Not really a betting man, but fancy Nadal for this one.

mission Jul 4th 2017 10:17 am

blah blah blah

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 4th 2017 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 12286488)
Not really a betting man, but fancy Nadal for this one.

Unless he can actually get Dr. Marques on court injecting his funny stuff directly into his legs I'd say his knees will be gone by week two and after a strong start he'll crash out to a low ranker...

I don't think Fed will do it either. I predict the return of Djoko or Murray, hopefully the latter as - in the absence so far of Auto - somebody has to speak up for the the most naturally talented player since Fed!

But where the bloody hell to watch it since BeIn got the exclusive this year...

TheShed Jul 5th 2017 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12286828)
Unless he can actually get Dr. Marques on court injecting his funny stuff directly into his legs I'd say his knees will be gone by week two and after a strong start he'll crash out to a low ranker...

I don't think Fed will do it either. I predict the return of Djoko or Murray, hopefully the latter as - in the absence so far of Auto - somebody has to speak up for the the most naturally talented player since Fed!

Most of the pubs that I go to still have BEIN which is strange. I'm guessing they get it via a satellite link or something.

IKnowNothing Jul 5th 2017 6:32 am

I've been watching Le Tour streamed via Eurosport, it gets me through the early evenings and much better than tennis.

mission Jul 5th 2017 6:51 am

while in the gym last night, on the tv screen, there appeared to be a live bout with that Rhonda chick vs some Brazilian chick - did anyone see that last night?

nottmbantam Jul 5th 2017 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12286828)

Aye - I had the full monty sports package here in KSA but now its gone all Pete Tong, haven't bothered renewing my subs. Looks like I'll have to find some dodgy live stream littered with ads to navigate.

jam25mack Jul 5th 2017 7:02 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12287099)
Most of the pubs that I go to still have BEIN which is strange. I'm guessing they get it via a satellite link or something.

Bein is still available on most of the bar systems but they have been informed not to show it otherwise they may be fined. I was talking to one of the managers the other day and he said someone had come round checking if they had it on. He also said that his hotel lawyers were talking to the municipality about what the legal standpoint is as they had paid for the full year. Apparently everyone is busy trying to find a legal solution. I.e. not just the municipality saying 'No'....

TheShed Jul 5th 2017 8:23 am

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing (Post 12287113)
I've been watching Le Tour streamed via Eurosport, it gets me through the early evenings and much better than tennis.

Been watching on ITV player love my veep

Autonomy Jul 7th 2017 7:29 am

Late reply - I don't bet so no idea on odds etc and now the tournament has started probably not great odds.

But now Wawrinka is out I'd have thought he was the only one out of the Big 4 that had a chance of winning. My money would be on Federer to win with Murray 2nd favourite.

Autonomy Jul 7th 2017 8:07 am

Just to add, I doubt it'll be this Wimbledon, but if you want to bet on the next player that will win a major that has not won one before I'd bet on Alex Zverev.

In a few years he'll be the one to beat.