Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

WikiInteresting - Give us some links!

WikiInteresting - Give us some links!

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:21 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WikiInteresting - Give us some links!

Informative:
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_spoon

Ivy Bells:
During the Cold War, the United States wanted to learn more about Soviet submarine and missile technology, specifically ICBM test and nuclear first strike capability.

In the early 1970s the U.S. government learned of the existence of an undersea communications cable in the Sea of Okhotsk, which connected the major Soviet Pacific Fleet naval base at Petropavlovsk on the Kamchatka Peninsula to the Soviet Pacific Fleet's mainland headquarters at Vladivostok. At the time, the Sea of Okhotsk was claimed by the Soviet Union as territorial waters, and was strictly off limits to foreign vessels, and the Soviet Navy had installed a network of sound detection devices along the seabed to detect intruders. The area also saw numerous surface and subsurface naval exercises.

Despite these obstacles, the potential for an intelligence coup was too great to ignore, and in October 1971 the United States sent the purpose-modified submarine USS Halibut (SSGN-587) deep into the Sea of Okhotsk. Divers working from the Halibut found the cable in 400 ft (120 m) of water and installed a 20 ft (6.1 m) long device, which wrapped around the cable without piercing its casing and recorded all communications made over it. The large recording device was designed to detach if the cable was raised for repair.

Each month, divers retrieved the recordings and installed a new set of tapes. The recordings were then delivered to the NSA for processing and dissemination to other U.S. intelligence agencies. The first tapes recorded revealed that the Soviets were so sure of the cable's security that the majority of the conversations made over it were unencrypted. The eavesdropping on the traffic between senior Soviet officers provided an invaluable view inside naval operations at Petropavlovsk, the Pacific Fleet's primary nuclear submarine base, home to Yankee and Delta class nuclear powered ballistic missile submarines.

Eventually, more taps were installed on Soviet lines in other parts of the world, with more advanced instruments built by AT&T's Bell Laboratories that were nuclear powered and could store a year's worth of data. Other submarines were used for this role, including USS Parche (SSN-683), USS Richard B. Russell (SSN-687), USS Seawolf (SSN-575).

The operation continued until 1981, when surveillance satellites showed Soviet warships, including a salvage vessel, anchored over the site of the tap in the Sea of Okhotsk. USS Parche was dispatched to recover the device, but her divers were unable to find it and it was concluded that the Soviets had discovered the operation and found the recording device.
Linky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ivy_Bells
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WakeUp
In the UK there would be a march and protest at the waste of resources, in the US it was almost idolised:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojave_phone_booth
That is awesome .
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:32 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Love the phone booth thing, but all these stories of Bloops and Wow signals give me chills up and down my spine. There is so much out there we just don't know about. Man.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:34 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Love the phone booth thing, but all these stories of Bloops and Wow signals give me chills up and down my spine. There is so much out there we just don't know about. Man.
I agree thats why I changed the tone, it was creeping me out!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:21 am

The Old Man of the Lake is the name given to a 30-foot (9 m) tall tree stump, most likely a hemlock, which has been bobbing vertically in Oregon's Crater Lake since at least 1896.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_man_of_the_lake
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/911_conspiracy

Way too much reading to post on here, but after reading a book a couple of years ago - I'm convinced the US government is 100% behind the whole incident.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:19 am

Its certainly very suspicious, I only recently found about about the thrid tower (Tower 7?) that went down seemingly without any interference, all very strange.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Its certainly very suspicious, I only recently found about about the thrid tower (Tower 7?) that went down seemingly without any interference, all very strange.
yup only one of a huge amount of evidence proving the public explanation is garbage.

another example : molten steel observed by firefighters & survivors at the base of the collapsed towers. Official explanation caused by burning jet fuel. However scientific proof confirms that jet fuel does not and cannot burn at such a high temp to melt steel. Thermite (?) is used in controlled demolitions and burns at a high enough temp to melt steel. Molten steel is very common in controlled explosions. There are various youtube videos also showing plumes of smoke prior to collapse as seen in controlled explosions.

Also - how could a passenger aircraft be allowed fly directly into the Pentagon ? Anyone flying within (I think) 50 miles of it's airspace is typically going to be shot down by the land based defence system of the Pentagon.

to me, it's no longer just suspicious but blindingly obvious that the US Govt is behind it all in the quest for Oil.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Mogs
yup only one of a huge amount of evidence proving the public explanation is garbage.

another example : molten steel observed by firefighters & survivors at the base of the collapsed towers. Official explanation caused by burning jet fuel. However scientific proof confirms that jet fuel does not and cannot burn at such a high temp to melt steel. Thermite (?) is used in controlled demolitions and burns at a high enough temp to melt steel. Molten steel is very common in controlled explosions. There are various youtube videos also showing plumes of smoke prior to collapse as seen in controlled explosions.

Also - how could a passenger aircraft be allowed fly directly into the Pentagon ? Anyone flying within (I think) 50 miles of it's airspace is typically going to be shot down by the land based defence system of the Pentagon.

to me, it's no longer just suspicious but blindingly obvious that the US Govt is behind it all in the quest for Oil.
The thing I found interesting about the Pentagon is the route the plane would have taken could only have been done by the very best of pilots, also there has not been any footage released at all of the actual incident, despite an abundance of CCTV cameras in the area.

The area was also covered with building rubble and top soil within a few hours, this at best seems strange to me.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:07 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Way too much reading to post on here, but after reading a book a couple of years ago - I'm convinced the US government is 100% behind the whole incident.
Along with the Jewish, Nazi and Illuminati alliance?

I've heard about strange happenings but the problem is I don't trust the writers of these books enough to reveal the truth (anyone predicated to writing a book about it is inherently bias on the books findings); nor do I trust the U.S. government enough to tell "the whole truth and nothing but the truth". Bit of a predicament really.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The thing I found interesting about the Pentagon is the route the plane would have taken could only have been done by the very best of pilots, also there has not been any footage released at all of the actual incident, despite an abundance of CCTV cameras in the area.

The area was also covered with building rubble and top soil within a few hours, this at best seems strange to me.
and no plane wreckage and a hole in the side of the building that would be caused by a missile. Also, very conveniently, the area of the building hit by the "plane" was not populated as it being refurbished at the time (so the US govt would keep the deaths of US Citizens to a minimum). Similarly the WTC building was demolished before 8am in the morning - so the majority of workers would not have even been in the building at the time of impact. Convenient or fortunate ?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic

I've heard about strange happenings but the problem is I don't trust the writers of these books enough to reveal the truth (anyone predicated to writing a book about it is inherently bias on the books findings); nor do I trust the U.S. government enough to tell "the whole truth and nothing but the truth". Bit of a predicament really.
Illuminati and New World Order, classic. Did you get round to watching The Arrivals documentaries on You Tube?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Yup - I had the same opinion as you until I convinced myself otherwise

I've never heard of the Nazi/Jewesh/Illiminati alliance ?/
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Smile Re: WikiInteresting - Give us some links!

Illuminati and New World Order, classic. Did you get round to watching The Arrivals documentaries on You Tube?
No, bit of a laugh? I liked that Zeitgeist one as well, classic and very funny misunderstanding of the way fractional reserve banking works .

I concern myself more with things like peak oil and such that may in some way impact upon my life.
Yup - I had the same opinion as you until I convinced myself otherwise
You convinced yourself? Now you’ve crossed the line between rational and irrational my friend .
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

No, bit of a laugh? I liked that Zeitgeist one as well, classic and very funny misunderstanding of the way fractional reserve banking works .

I concern myself more with things like peak oil and such that may in some way impact upon my life.
You convinced yourself? Now you’ve crossed the line between rational and irrational my friend .
I think you know what I meant......I was undecided whether the conspiracy theorists were just doing the usual of highlighting key-select circumstantial "evidence" to "prove" their theory or whether there was any scientific/empircal evidence/facts to prove them right.

I read up and now believe this particular conspiracy thoery that the US Govt was behind it.

JFK - another cover up ? Probably but very little scientific evidence to prove either way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.