Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:40 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

All I wanted to do was change my bloody address, now all I want to do is knock my head against a wall....

I called up HSBC to simply change my details (Give them my new company details and new mobile number)

First obstacle was that I had lost my phone banking pin (I admit a mistake on my part) but then the foolio at the bank was like 'We can't change your details until you have a new pin, we will send a new pin to you' - I then went on to explain that the new pin they would send would go to my old employer therefore I would never receive it and never be able to change my details as I would never have the pin.

'Sorry sir but that is the procedure' well sorry dickface but all I want to do is give you the name and address of my new employer and change my frigging mobile number, something that would take 2 minutes for most UK banks and 2 mins online, a service which isn't offered here to online banking customers.

So I ask for the manager, go through it all again and asked him how am I supposed to get the new pin to change my details over the phone. I can't do it over the phone he says, I have to go to the branch!

So why bother having bloody Internet and Phone Banking???

RETARDS!!

Bison

Last edited by Bison; Jan 6th 2009 at 9:48 am.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

my mobile phone bill goes to a Company I left 8 years ago!! seriously! I gave up trying to get it changed. They wanted visa copies etc. It was in my maiden name and I had since married. Absolute nightmare!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

HSBC :curse:

They are idiots. I've banked with a local bank past 2 years and had not a single problem.
Banked with HSBC for 2 years before that and it was nothing BUT problems. The worst is when they say you have to go to the branch - they have loads of 'branches' around but only 2 that can actually do anything useful and they are both in Traffic / Parking HELL.

HSBC :curse:
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:12 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

They are idiots. I've banked with a local bank past 2 years and had not a single problem.
Banked with HSBC for 2 years before that and it was nothing BUT problems. The worst is when they say you have to go to the branch - they have loads of 'branches' around but only 2 that can actually do anything useful and they are both in Traffic / Parking HELL.
So who do you bank with?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

There is this column in The National that deals with just these issues. You could always write to them...

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
So who do you bank with?
Mashreq

(not sure if it's LOCAL local.....but it's not one of the main 'british' ones)

Last edited by Jeeper; Jan 7th 2009 at 6:13 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Mashreq

(not sure if it's LOCAL local.....but it's not one of the main 'british' ones)
Well...I closed my account with them 3 months ago...Got a statement last week that it's still active and they are charging me the minimum balance charges...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:15 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
All I wanted to do was change my bloody address, now all I want to do is knock my head against a wall....

I called up HSBC to simply change my details (Give them my new company details and new mobile number)

First obstacle was that I had lost my phone banking pin (I admit a mistake on my part) but then the foolio at the bank was like 'We can't change your details until you have a new pin, we will send a new pin to you' - I then went on to explain that the new pin they would send would go to my old employer therefore I would never receive it and never be able to change my details as I would never have the pin.

'Sorry sir but that is the procedure' well sorry dickface but all I want to do is give you the name and address of my new employer and change my frigging mobile number, something that would take 2 minutes for most UK banks and 2 mins online, a service which isn't offered here to online banking customers.

So I ask for the manager, go through it all again and asked him how am I supposed to get the new pin to change my details over the phone. I can't do it over the phone he says, I have to go to the branch!

So why bother having bloody Internet and Phone Banking???

RETARDS!!

Bison
There is a back door to there stupid procedure, go to the bank personally and give them a nice time of there life
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
Well...I closed my account with them 3 months ago...Got a statement last week that it's still active and they are charging me the minimum balance charges...
serves you right.....you shouldn't have closed it.
There's no better bank........you going to HSBC and their 6% interest?!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:03 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
There is this column in The National that deals with just these issues. You could always write to them...

-

I've read it many a time.
It's sound.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

OK so a Bank makes money on lending money right?

My wife went to HSBC today to organise the rent cheque as we did last year without a hitch... all good and well.

Turns up. Tells them she wants another cheque/loan for 160k and they say that they're only lending a maximum of 100k regardless of who you are.

Fecked!

Have to move to a smaller place now just so we can do 2 cheques!

Dubai - where simple things ar complicated! :curse:
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
serves you right.....you shouldn't have closed it.
There's no better bank........you going to HSBC and their 6% interest?!
I've had a good run with Mashreq for about 6 years...Time for a divorce...
Just like in all marriages after a divorce; you'll never know if the next one's any better...
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hull Lad View Post

My wife went to HSBC today to organise the rent cheque as we did last year without a hitch... all good and well.

Turns up. Tells them she wants another cheque/loan for 160k and they say that they're only lending a maximum of 100k regardless of who you are.

Fecked!

Come to Sharjah...The sun also shines bright over here...
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hull Lad View Post

Fecked!

i gave you an easy solution yesterday hull lad, don't you ever listen to me...?!

MM, xx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really niceHull Lad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
i gave you an easy solution yesterday hull lad, don't you ever listen to me...?!

MM, xx
Yeah but your garage sounds much roomier! lol

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.