British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/why-something-so-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-simple-so-complicated-hsbcrap-582131/)

Bison Jan 6th 2009 9:40 am

Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

All I wanted to do was change my bloody address, now all I want to do is knock my head against a wall....

I called up HSBC to simply change my details (Give them my new company details and new mobile number)

First obstacle was that I had lost my phone banking pin (I admit a mistake on my part) but then the foolio at the bank was like 'We can't change your details until you have a new pin, we will send a new pin to you' - I then went on to explain that the new pin they would send would go to my old employer therefore I would never receive it and never be able to change my details as I would never have the pin.

'Sorry sir but that is the procedure' well sorry dickface but all I want to do is give you the name and address of my new employer and change my frigging mobile number, something that would take 2 minutes for most UK banks and 2 mins online, a service which isn't offered here to online banking customers.

So I ask for the manager, go through it all again and asked him how am I supposed to get the new pin to change my details over the phone. I can't do it over the phone he says, I have to go to the branch!

So why bother having bloody Internet and Phone Banking???

RETARDS!!

Bison :frown:

Blue Cat Jan 6th 2009 9:44 am

Re: Why is something so ******* simple so complicated - HSBCrap!

my mobile phone bill goes to a Company I left 8 years ago!! seriously! I gave up trying to get it changed. They wanted visa copies etc. It was in my maiden name and I had since married. Absolute nightmare!

Jeeper Jan 6th 2009 5:45 pm

HSBC :thumbdown::curse::thumbdown:

They are idiots. I've banked with a local bank past 2 years and had not a single problem.
Banked with HSBC for 2 years before that and it was nothing BUT problems. The worst is when they say you have to go to the branch - they have loads of 'branches' around but only 2 that can actually do anything useful and they are both in Traffic / Parking HELL.

HSBC :thumbdown::curse::thumbdown:

Bison Jan 7th 2009 4:12 am

They are idiots. I've banked with a local bank past 2 years and had not a single problem.
Banked with HSBC for 2 years before that and it was nothing BUT problems. The worst is when they say you have to go to the branch - they have loads of 'branches' around but only 2 that can actually do anything useful and they are both in Traffic / Parking HELL.
So who do you bank with?

Meow Jan 7th 2009 4:22 am

There is this column in The National that deals with just these issues. You could always write to them...

;)

-

Jeeper Jan 7th 2009 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7135320)
So who do you bank with?

Mashreq

(not sure if it's LOCAL local.....but it's not one of the main 'british' ones)

Confucius Jan 7th 2009 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7137764)
Mashreq

(not sure if it's LOCAL local.....but it's not one of the main 'british' ones)

Well...I closed my account with them 3 months ago...Got a statement last week that it's still active and they are charging me the minimum balance charges...

Tiger989 Jan 7th 2009 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7132033)
All I wanted to do was change my bloody address, now all I want to do is knock my head against a wall....

I called up HSBC to simply change my details (Give them my new company details and new mobile number)

First obstacle was that I had lost my phone banking pin (I admit a mistake on my part) but then the foolio at the bank was like 'We can't change your details until you have a new pin, we will send a new pin to you' - I then went on to explain that the new pin they would send would go to my old employer therefore I would never receive it and never be able to change my details as I would never have the pin.

'Sorry sir but that is the procedure' well sorry dickface but all I want to do is give you the name and address of my new employer and change my frigging mobile number, something that would take 2 minutes for most UK banks and 2 mins online, a service which isn't offered here to online banking customers.

So I ask for the manager, go through it all again and asked him how am I supposed to get the new pin to change my details over the phone. I can't do it over the phone he says, I have to go to the branch!

So why bother having bloody Internet and Phone Banking???

RETARDS!!

Bison :frown:

There is a back door to there stupid procedure, go to the bank personally and give them a nice time of there life :)

Jeeper Jan 7th 2009 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7137769)
Well...I closed my account with them 3 months ago...Got a statement last week that it's still active and they are charging me the minimum balance charges...

serves you right.....you shouldn't have closed it.
There's no better bank........you going to HSBC and their 6% interest?!:blink:

Eva Jan 7th 2009 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7135339)
There is this column in The National that deals with just these issues. You could always write to them...

;)

-

I've read it many a time.
It's sound.

Hull Lad Jan 7th 2009 7:45 pm

OK so a Bank makes money on lending money right?

My wife went to HSBC today to organise the rent cheque as we did last year without a hitch... all good and well.

Turns up. Tells them she wants another cheque/loan for 160k and they say that they're only lending a maximum of 100k regardless of who you are.

Fecked!

Have to move to a smaller place now just so we can do 2 cheques!

Dubai - where simple things ar complicated! :curse:

Confucius Jan 8th 2009 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7137817)
serves you right.....you shouldn't have closed it.
There's no better bank........you going to HSBC and their 6% interest?!:blink:

I've had a good run with Mashreq for about 6 years...Time for a divorce...
Just like in all marriages after a divorce; you'll never know if the next one's any better...

Confucius Jan 8th 2009 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Hull Lad (Post 7138207)

My wife went to HSBC today to organise the rent cheque as we did last year without a hitch... all good and well.

Turns up. Tells them she wants another cheque/loan for 160k and they say that they're only lending a maximum of 100k regardless of who you are.

Fecked!

Come to Sharjah...The sun also shines bright over here...

Madam Medusa Jan 8th 2009 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Hull Lad (Post 7138207)

Fecked!

i gave you an easy solution yesterday hull lad, don't you ever listen to me...?!

MM, xx

Hull Lad Jan 8th 2009 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7141863)
i gave you an easy solution yesterday hull lad, don't you ever listen to me...?!

MM, xx

Yeah but your garage sounds much roomier! lol :thumbup: