Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

'Why do some people hate Jews?' - GCSE question

'Why do some people hate Jews?' - GCSE question

Old May 30th 2012, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: 'Why do some people hate Jews?' - GCSE question

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
ترف
luxury ?
Old May 30th 2012, 11:26 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Heheh. I'm intrigued by the fact that people seem to have posted more on the topic of whether it is a valid and well-worded question, than on their opinions as to the sources of anti-Semitism.

So, just to throw a small hand-grenade in here, what are people's opinions as to the causes of enduring (if, indeed you believe it to be) anti-semitism in Western societies? (I throw in the geographical qualifier with some reason).....
Why limit the question to the origins of anti-Jewish hate in Western societies? It's far more ingrained in Arab culture than the West. Most anti-Jewishness in the West today is from Muslim immigrants if the media is to be believed. I saw how Jews in Luton were pressured out by Muslims immigrants in the Bury Park area myself so I'm inclined to accept that view.

Basically it stems from the plagiarisms which are Christianity and Islam - in Christianities case there is the famous blood libel supposedly said by a crowd to Pilate when they wanted to condemn Christ (a Jew) despite his innocence. It also comes from Paul (another Jew with a Roman passport as it were) who didn't like the idea that the Jews didn't accept him changing Judaism so much to include non-Jews when it wasn't required because he decided he knew more about Jesus than people who had actually met him.

As for the Muslims - same sort of thing. They plagarised Gnostic Christianity and Judaism and when the Jews didn't accept the evidently Arabian-centric bastardisation they lopped off a few heads here and there...started in the Koran.

In other words it's about a middle eastern minority not accepting other people's versions of their own beliefs...how dare they.

No doubt a lot of jealousy too - not many cultures could survive being ejected from their land for nearly two millennium.

N.

PS: Did I pass or should I moan about immigrants a bit for extra points?
Old May 30th 2012, 11:33 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You missed out loads of cliches Norm. Start with Shylock, include something about big noses. money and don't forget the Hassidim with their side curls and funny hats.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Why limit the question to the origins of anti-Jewish hate in Western societies? It's far more ingrained in Arab culture than the West. Most anti-Jewishness in the West today is from Muslim immigrants if the media is to be believed. I saw how Jews in Luton were pressured out by Muslims immigrants in the Bury Park area myself so I'm inclined to accept that view.

Basically it stems from the plagiarisms which are Christianity and Islam - in Christianities case there is the famous blood libel supposedly said by a crowd to Pilate when they wanted to condemn Christ (a Jew) despite his innocence. It also comes from Paul (another Jew with a Roman passport as it were) who didn't like the idea that the Jews didn't accept him changing Judaism so much to include non-Jews when it wasn't required because he decided he knew more about Jesus than people who had actually met him.

As for the Muslims - same sort of thing. They plagarised Gnostic Christianity and Judaism and when the Jews didn't accept the evidently Arabian-centric bastardisation they lopped off a few heads here and there...started in the Koran.

In other words it's about a middle eastern minority not accepting other people's versions of their own beliefs...how dare they.

No doubt a lot of jealousy too - not many cultures could survive being ejected from their land for nearly two millennium.

N.

PS: Did I pass or should I moan about immigrants a bit for extra points?
I stand by my previous statement that I want to go for a beer with you. Would be really interesting (not being sarcastic)
Old May 30th 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I did that in the womb.
In the womb? Luxury!

We didn't have a womb, we had half a hankie and a good thrashing before bedtime. And we had to walk to school.
Old May 31st 2012, 3:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by seven seas
In the womb? Luxury!

We didn't have a womb, we had half a hankie and a good thrashing before bedtime. And we had to walk to school.
You win. I didn't walk anywhere.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:35 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You missed out loads of cliches Norm. Start with Shylock, include something about big noses. money and don't forget the Hassidim with their side curls and funny hats.
I haven't done my blessed are the big noses yet...

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; May 31st 2012 at 6:38 am.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
I stand by my previous statement that I want to go for a beer with you. Would be really interesting (not being sarcastic)
I'm waiting for an invite...but I fear you'll be disappointed - I talk even more nonsense when drunk.

N.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:42 am
Account Closed

I'm waiting for an invite...but I fear you'll be disappointed - I talk even more nonsense when drunk.

N.
Where were you at the last meet up?
Old May 31st 2012, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

How accepting are you of other peoples' beliefs Norm? Just a question...

The truth is most religious are largely the same, rather than celebrating the commonalities we all focus on the differences. Shame.

Anyway, the answer to the original question is 'because they killed Jesus'. A 15 year old should be able to answer that - I don't even see it as an inflammatory question.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Anyway, the answer to the original question is 'because they killed Jesus'. A 15 year old should be able to answer that - I don't even see it as an inflammatory question.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
How accepting are you of other peoples' beliefs Norm? Just a question...

The truth is most religious are largely the same, rather than celebrating the commonalities we all focus on the differences. Shame.

Muslims hate Jews because the Jews killed Jesus?
Old May 31st 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
that wasn't the question.
Old May 31st 2012, 6:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
No, it's because he turned water into wine.
Old May 31st 2012, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

What do you call a male tea-bag?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.