why do men propose?

Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default why do men propose?

Ok I am possibly too old, been single too long, or perhaps just a little bit cynical, I just read Jeepers post about getting engaged (congrats again), and just got to thinking about boys.

I do not claim to understand men at all, however, I am an old romantic at heart and would love to believe that there is such a thing as true love etc but I don't actually believe in the fairy tale ending anymore (awww). I was just wondering why do men propose, is it the next thing to do, pressure from the girlie, just expected to as they have been togetehr for so long or do guys actually dream about the fairytale ending as well and actually love their missus enough that they cant imagine life without them? Do guys actually believe in spending the rest of their lives with one woman and growing old together or is it just a sham that us girlies are bought up believing by the likes of Disney?

A very cynical spinster (very topical for valentines day I feel)
KC
xxx
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why do men propose?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ok I am possibly too old, been single too long, or perhaps just a little bit cynical, I just read Jeepers post about getting engaged (congrats again), and just got to thinking about boys.

I do not claim to understand men at all, however, I am an old romantic at heart and would love to believe that there is such a thing as true love etc but I don't actually believe in the fairy tale ending anymore (awww). I was just wondering why do men propose, is it the next thing to do, pressure from the girlie, just expected to as they have been togetehr for so long or do guys actually dream about the fairytale ending as well and actually love their missus enough that they cant imagine life without them? Do guys actually believe in spending the rest of their lives with one woman and growing old together or is it just a sham that us girlies are bought up believing by the likes of Disney?

KC
xxx
it is a traditional thing isn't it, the man making the first move etc etc, but woman can also propose. In this day and age though it is very rarely a romantic on two knees thing, it is often talked about beforehand and a date set etc. Has the romance gone?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

KC
xxx
So they can show off on BE of course!
Am interested in seeing some answers....for I do not know!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
So they can show off on BE of course!
Am interested in seeing some answers....for I do not know!
course you know!! because you love her and want to spend the rest of your life with her
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it is a traditional thing isn't it, the man making the first move etc etc, but woman can also propose. In this day and age though it is very rarely a romantic on two knees thing, it is often talked about beforehand and a date set etc. Has the romance gone?
2 knees? I thought it was supposed to be one knee?

I did the one knee drama.....did I mess up again!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:37 am
Concierge

one knee is right!! lol that is my mistake so where did this proposal take place? somewhere romantic?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would still expect the guy to propose! call me old fashioned. Doesn't everygirl still dream of being swept off her feet and her prince charming carrying her off of his trusted steed? Ok perhaps thats a little unrealistic- perhaps the romance has gone- as has chivalry- having the door held open for you, buying the drinks, not groping your arse and asking to be **ck buddies...

Maybe its us womens faults having been after equal rights etc- i still like to be treated as a girl though.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
one knee is right!! lol that is my mistake so where did this proposal take place? somewhere romantic?
Yeah - International City!

F'd if I was doing it in a resturant in front of a crowd of strangers.
Without going into details I made the apartment look nice though first.

To be honest it was supposed to be done on valentines day on a beach somewhere / or maybe a picnic dinner in the desert alone...had a few ideas......but after the fathers blessing was obtained....I didn't have the patience to wait until Sunday!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:49 am
Concierge

Yeah - International City!

F'd if I was doing it in a resturant in front of a crowd of strangers.
Without going into details I made the apartment look nice though first.

To be honest it was supposed to be done on valentines day on a beach somewhere / or maybe a picnic dinner in the desert alone...had a few ideas......but after the fathers blessing was obtained....I didn't have the patience to wait until Sunday!
Father's permission!! oh my god I am in love with you too!! how romantic!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I second that Bluecat! How sweet are you Jeeper! shes a lucky lady!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:01 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Two knees is where you end up after the wedding!

Only joking, Mrs RK. *gulp*
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

KC
xxx
I proposed to a girl working in KFC once, I done it because I liked her hat and she would probably be able to supply me chicken wings after her shift......she said no!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edinburger
I proposed to a girl working in KFC once, I done it because I liked her hat and she would probably be able to supply me chicken wings after her shift......she said no!
"Chicken wings"??

We call it a blow job where I come from.............
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

edinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of lightedinburger is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Chicken wings"??

We call it a blow job where I come from.............
Do you come from Wales?
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edinburger
Do you come from Wales?
No, but I have been known to come like whales...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.